#33 Tomas Hertl (Minion) Imagine

You are visiting your best friend in LA for Halloween and have tickets to the San Jose Sharks play against the Kings. Being from San Jose, you support the Sharks while your friend supports the Kings because she goes to school there now, though you know that deep down she’s still a Sharks fan. Because it was the day before Halloween, you decide to dress up for the game. You don’t have a costume and when you try to buy one all of the good ones are taken. Your friend takes the last somewhat decent costume, a ‘slutty’ pirate (she denies it’s slutty, but it is) leaving nothing but a minion costume, from the movie ‘Despicable Me.’ Sadly, you pick it up and look at it while your friend laughs. “You have to try it on Y/N that’s hilarious,” she says and pushes you toward the dressing rooms. “Okay, I’ll try it on, just for fun,” you laugh and head into a changing booth. Once you put it on you realize it’s supposed to be one of those slutty versions of normal costumes, like your friend’s pirate costume, and realize it actually doesn’t look too bad. “What do you think?” You ask, modeling it for your friend. “That’s actually kind of hot; you look good!” She smiles and talks you into buying it.

That night at the game you end up sitting very close to the Sharks only a few rows back from the ice, and you have an excellent view of the team and, you soon realize, they can see you too. Adorable rookie Tomas Hertl taps on the glass to get your attention. He waves when you look over and you wave back, giggling with your friend that someone noticed you. You keep glancing at him throughout the game and a few times you catch him staring back, smiling. After the game your friend insists you go around back to wait for the players, something you didn’t usually do. Begrudgingly you stand outside with a bunch of Kings fans, a few of whom laugh at your costume. Just when you’re about to give up, someone taps you on your shoulder. You turn around, and Tomas is standing there with a grin on his face.

“Hello minion,” he says and laughs. You blush and reply, “Thanks, but my names Y/N.” He laughs again, “I think I’ll just call you minion. We were supposed to fly out tonight, but we’ll be here until tomorrow. A couple of us are going to a Halloween party, want to come?” You are shocked, surprised, and speechless, so your friend replies for you. “Yes, we’d love to come,” she nudges your elbow and you snap out of it. “Awesome,” he replies and you exchange numbers. He left to get back on the team bus and you and your friend start to walk home. “Can you believe that!” She shrieks and you shake your head. “I have no idea what’s happening right now,” you say as your phone buzzes. It’s a text from Tomas telling you when and where to meet him. You and your friend freak out some more, and head home to get ready.

You and Tomas end up talking most of the time, when you aren’t dancing, and your friend seems to have gotten lost with Logan Couture. “I guess I’m on my own now,” you say to Tomas after unsuccessfully trying to find her. “Yeah, same here. Logan and I came together and I don’t really know my way around LA,” Tomas replies with a shrug. “I’m not from around here, so I can’t really help you, sorry,” you say, and he asks where you’re from. “I’m from San Jose actually,” you reply smiling. “Really? That’s great, maybe we can hang out sometime,” he says with a smile. “Yeah, I’d like that,” you say just as your friend comes back from wherever she’d run off to. “We’re leaving, now!” She sounds upset, so you don’t resist, but turn back to Tomas. “I’ll text you!” You shout over the music as she pulls you away.

The next day you get a text from Tomas asking if you want to hang out. You are surprised that he even remembered you, but respond asking him when and where. How about I pick you up, and it’s a surprise? ; ) You freak out, calm down, and text him back. An hour later he picks you up and takes out to a movie and then to dinner. “So, did you ever find Logan?” You ask as he drives you home. “Yes, and he wouldn’t say what had happened with him and your friend. Was she okay?” He asks. You laugh, “Yeah, she was just embarrassed about being seen with Sharks player.” When he dropped you off he said he’d like to see you again, and kissed you goodbye. This continues for a few weeks and you try to get to all of his games, but soon things start to get serious. He texts you after a game and says he’d like you to come over. You instantly get butterflies because you’d never spent the night with him before, and you start to realize what this might lead to. Just as you finish packing a bag for the night you get another text: can you bring that costume with you too? You reread it, not sure if that’s what he really meant. His English isn’t that great, so maybe he meant to say something else? This one? You sent him a text of the minion costume and he replies yup ; ). You are beyond confused as to why he would want you to bring it, but you shrug and put it in your bag.

When you get to his house you notice there’s something a little different about him. Not physically, but his demeanor and expressions seem a little bit more …intense? You brush it off, assuming it’s just because you’re nervous. “Want a drink? I already made one for you,” he hands you a glass and you take a sip from it, instantly gagging. “What is in here?” You ask, pretending you like it. “It’s a drink from my home country, sorry if it has too much alcohol. I’m not very good at mixing drinks,” he gives you a quick smile before leading you into the dining room. “I made dinner too, but I think that turned out better than the drink.” He pulls out a chair for you and you sit down, placing your drink next to your plate. “Is this also Czech?” You ask pointing to the food, and he nods. He sits down across from you and you begin eating. After a few sips you get used to the weird drink and don’t even notice the alcohol, although you aren’t really used to drinking. After dinner he pulls you into a hug, giving you a deep kiss. He pulls away and looks very seriously into your eyes. “Did you bring it?” He asks, as if his life depended on it.

You think for a second before responding. “The costume?” He nods slowly and you reply that you had brought it. A smile twitches at the corner of his lips. “Good,” he takes your bag in one hand and with the other grabs your hand and leads you upstairs, “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do this with you.” He places your bag on his bed and you sit next to it, waiting for him to tell you what the hell is going on. “I’ll leave you to change,” he says politely and leaves. You sit still on the edge of his bed for a few minutes, trying figure out what is happening. Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was his cute smile; whatever it was, you decide to go along with his weird scheme. Fully dressed in your minion costume you open the door and lean against the door frame. “Tomas?” You call out, and he appears from a room at the end of the hallway. “My little minion,” he says and kisses you, leading you back toward his bed. “Y/N, I want to tell you something first,” he says and lies down next to you, leaning up on his elbow, looking into your eyes. “Y/N, ever since I first saw you at the Kings game, dressed in this…” he drags a finger across the awkwardly high neckline of the costume, “this adorable costume, I have been undeniably in love with you. And seeing you dressed like this again tonight, in my bedroom, it’s-“

“Tomas,” you cut him off by placing your finger gently on his lips. “I know exactly what you mean, but I think I need to take this off first.” You smile at him, trying your hardest to look attractive despite your ridiculous outfit, and stand up to take it off. “No, I…want you to leave it on,” he looks up at you, slightly embarrassed. “Okay, but how are we going to-” He shook his head and interrupted you. “No, I want you to wear it all the time,” he smiles sheepishly, “For me.” You stare at him for several minutes, trying to come to terms with what he had just said. “Okay,” you eventually say, and he claps his hands in excitement as he smiles like a little kid. “Yay! Now we can watch my favorite movie together!” He picks up the TV remote from his nightstand and turns on the flat screen TV on the wall across from his bed. He pulls you in closer, kissing your forehead lightly. As Despicable Me starts playing you sigh, ‘I don’t really know what I was expecting,’ you think, but curl up to him. Because despite all of this and his weird obsession with minions, you love him, and he is totally worth it.

-Lila