#1 Tommy Wingels Imagine

About a year ago you and Tommy had been introduced to each other at a party. Instantly, you had hit it off. It took only a few weeks for Tommy to ask you out and eventually ask you to be his girlfriend. For the first time in 2 years your family was coming to visit you in San Jose. The night was very important to you since you hadn't seen your Canadian parents since you had moved off to college. This night would also be the first time your family would be meeting Tommy. Nervously you texted your best friend, (Y/BF/N).

"Oh gosh. Tonight is the opening ceremonies for the Olympics too! You know how my family is... They're going to be going crazy about Canada's hockey team. What do I do about Tommy?"

You waiting for a few minutes for a reply.

"Warn him before hand. I don't think there's much you can do. Just tell your parents that even though he's American it doesn't mean that they need to hate him during the Olympics. Lol."

You laughed lightly,

"Maybe I should tell them first." (Y/BF/N) responded quickly,

"Yep. Call them!"

You made a quick call to your dad's cell, but got sent to voice mail. You left him a very strict message about how they should behave themselves around Tommy. Right as you hung up the phone Tommy walked into his kitchen where you had been sitting.

"Who was that?" He asked when you set down the phone.

You pushed out the chair next to you so he could sit down. "Just my dad. I was finishing up the plans for tonight."

Tommy nodded and sat. "That's good. Any changes?"

You shrugged,

"They didn't answer, so I just left a message. So, Tommy, you know how I told you that they are... Extreme hockey fans?"

Tommy nodded and mumbled, "Mhm."

You decided to cut to the chase, "Yeah... well it's Olympic time and they are not thrilled that you're American."

You watched Tommy raise an eyebrow, "Seriously?"

You blushed a little and felt silly for even having this problem. "Yes, so maybe tonight would be a good night for us to talk more about NHL hockey and not about what's going to be on TV."

Tommy shrugged, "It really doesn't matter to me. I support USA of course... You don't think they would bad mouth would you?"

You snorted,"Tommy, we're Canadian. When have you ever met a bad mouthing Canadian?"

Tommy and you laughed for a while while finishing up the nights plans.

Around 5 o'clock you and Tommy left to meet your parents at a local restaurant called Papa Giovanni's. Tommy held the door for you as you walked in and scanned the room for your parents. Sitting at a table near the back, you finally spotted them. Walking as quickly as you could, without being impolite, you made your way to your parents. They stood up as soon as they saw you and Tommy coming. Your mom stood up first and hugged you tight. You dad got up a second after and shook Tommy's hand.

"I missed you so much!" Your mom sobbed. You felt on the brink of tears yourself, so you pulled away lightly and embraced your dad.

"Mom, Dad. This is my boyfriend Tommy."

Your mom shook Tommy's hand and your dad nodded. "It is very nice to meet you finally Tommy! We've seen you on TV a bunch. We've also heard someone talk about you a lot..." Your dad joked and elbowed you lightly.

For the rest of the dinner your parents asked endless questions to Tommy about his history in hockey and school. He graciously answered everyone and would ask questions back as well. You smiled as you sat back and watched your parents connect with him so easily.

About halfway through dinner your dad discretely passed you a note that simply said, "I would never dream of making you feel uncomfortable like that."

Instantly, you felt yourself relax. You realized just how much your parents love you and how much they want you to be happy. Tommy looked up and smiled at you. It was right then that you realized Tommy was "the one."

-Ashley