#39 Brendan Gallagher Imagine (Part 1)

"Dress cute."

You pursed your lips as you applied the finishing touches on your eyeliner. Your friend Jenna had flown out from Ontario, Canada to visit you in Phenix, Arizona. Now it was an hour before the game and the two of you were getting ready for the local Montreal Canadiens vs. Phenix Coyotes game. Jenna had been mentioning everyday leading up to the game that you could both try to meet the players once they left the back of the arena.

"Jen, the Habs aren’t going to want to stop and talk. They’re going to think we’re coyote fans and they’ll ignore us."

You finished applying the last of your make up and stepped back to look at your finished product. You saw Jen in your mirror’s reflection. She held up a Montreal jersey with a smirk on her face. You turned around and raised an eyebrow.

Jenna laughed, “So. I knew my dad had an older jersey from the year Gally got drafted… I finally found it before I came. I want to give it to you, because I want to say thank you for letting me stay with you and-“

You cut off Jenna with a hug. “Are you serious?”

Jenna nodded and handed the jersey to you. You slipped it over your tank top and smiled. You realized Jen didn’t have a jersey of her own.

You frowned, “But… what about you?”

Jen laughed and reached into her bag. She pulled out a Brandon Prust jersey.

"I treated myself."

You laughed as she put it on. “Alright. Let’s go.”

Jenna picked up her purse while you searched for your keys in your purse.

Eventually the Habs beat the Coyotes 4-3. It was hard for you to celebrate while being surrounded by upset coyote fans.You turned to Jenna with a huge smile on your face.

“Our little Gallagher was on fire tonight!” Jenna shouted and laughed.

The arena emptied quickly. You and Jenna slid your way through the lingering crowds of people to get to where the Habs would be exiting the locker room.

You girls waited with a crowd of 10 or so other hockey fans. All of which who wore Coyote related clothing. You and Jenna stood back from to group to avoid any confrontation. Soon the doors opened and security guards stepped out. Your heart hammered in your chest as you waited. Out of the door came each Coyote player. They briefly said hello to the fans and signed things. You felt bad as you watched them move past you looking obviously upset over the loss. Soon the last player from the Pheonix team left the building. You knew the Canadiens would be coming out soon. You felt yourself getting nervous all over again.

"Here to be a puck bunny, eh?" One of the women from the Coyotes group shouted.

You and Jenna looked over.

Jenna glared at the woman. “Puck bunnies? What is this? Tumblr?”

The girl did a sarcastic laugh. She stepped towards them. “No, hon. This is the real world. How about you get your crappy, Canadiens loving ass out of my face.”

Jenna laughed and got closer. “Listen up, bitch. You are the one picking fights here. You need to check yourself.”

The girl lunged forward, but was grabbed back by one of the guys with her.

At the same time, Jenna started yelling and antagonizing her. “Bring it on, skank!”

You reached out and grabbed one of Jenna’s arms. “Jenna! Calm!”

Soon the door to Jobing arena opened and the Habs players began coming out.

They saw the scuffle about to happen and they quickly ran to aid. Shane Doan and Paul Bissonnette were first out the door and they took the angry Coyotes fan from her group and tried to calm her down. Your heart pounded as you tried to keep Jenna from yelling. Jenna pulled harder against your grip and began to worry.

You felt a hand touch yours. Your head snapped up to see one of the Montreal Canadiens players.

“Hey, it’s okay. Let go. We got this.”

Your heart stopped when you realized who it was. Brendan Gallagher held Jenna’s arms. She quickly began to calm down. She looked up at Brendan and looked back and you.

She mouthed, “Oh my Gally.”

You took a few deep breaths and stared at the back of Brendan’s head.

He yelled back to his teammates who were talking to the Coyotes fans and a security guard. You calmed yourself by the time Brendan turned back to Jenna.

“Are you fine? Do you need me to call him over?” Jenna shook her head.

Brendan let go of her arms.

He looked to you and chuckled, “What about you, Crazy Eyes?”

You swallowed hard and answered confused, “Wait, what?”

Brendan laughed, “You looked scared. You sure you’re okay?”

You nodded quickly, “Oh. Yes, I am. Sorry…”

Brendan smiled, “Good. Don’t apologize. You’re okay. Wait is that my jersey?”

You blushed and looked down. “Yes, it is,” You said shyly.

Brendan smiled wider, “Well that’s awesome! Do you want me to sign it?”

You nodded and smiled. He grabbed a sharpie from the pocket of his bag. He turned you around and signed on the numbers. You turned back around and smiled up at him. He smiled back.

“Thank you.” You said.

He stuck out his hand to you. “My pleasure. Now I didn’t catch your guy’s names.” He laughed awkwardly.

“Oh!” You responded, “I’m (Y/N) and this is my friend Jenna.”

He nodded at each of you. “Great. Well hopefully I’ll be seeing you soon, (Y/N). Have a good night.”

Brendan turned and walked in the direction where all of his teammates had gone. Before he was out of sight he looked back and waved. You waved back and giggled. He quickly jogged back to the bus that sat idling for him.

You turned with wide eyes to Jenna. She mirrored your shocked expression.

“OH MY GALLY!” Jenna repeated.

You smiled big and did a little happy dance. “Oh my god! I just met Brendan Gallagher!”

You and Jenna jumped around for a second until you both calmed down a little. “But what did he mean by “Hopefully I’ll see you soon”?”

You stopped and thought about it. “Oh… Maybe it was an accidental thing.”

Jenna suddenly looked excited, “TURN AROUND!”

You turned quickly. “What?”

Jenna looked at the back of your jersey. “To Crazy Eyes, with love Brendan Gallagher. 1- 956-835-6709”

You screamed when she finished. Jenna spun you around and proceeded to freak out along with you.

The whole ride home you and Jenna thought of things to text Brendan. None of them, however, sounded good to you.

“You could send a pick up line. Like, are you London, France because you have something big in your underpants.” Jenna suggested.

You scrunched up your face in disgust. “No, that’s not even a pick up line.”

You sighed and looked down at your phone. “Fine,” Jenna said, “Just say something boring and normal.”

You nodded, finally getting an idea. “(Y/N): Hey, this is (Y/N). Is this Brendan?”

You hit send. Then all you could do was wait…

-Ashley