#103 Patrick Kane Imagine

You hold your breath as the seconds tick down in the third period. It was close, and even after pulling the goalie, Canada’s defense and Price were holding up like a brick wall against America’s top forwards, including your boyfriend, Patrick Kane. As shot after shot misses its target you don’t give up hope that they could at least tie the game, putting it into overtime. But the buzzer sounds, and your heart drops as Canada beats America at the Olympics again.

The camera zooms in on Patrick as Toews pats him on the back and quietly says something in his ear as the pass through the handshake line. He looks so lost and sad, like a puppy, as he and the team skate off the ice. You can’t imagine what he’ll be like after the game, but you prepare yourself for the worst. You worry that he might go out drinking with the team and stumble home early the next morning. As you wait for him in your hotel room, you prepare for the worst; whether he’s mad, drunk, angry, or sad, you want to be there for him.

An hour later, he comes in to the room completely sober, but he looks devastated. You remember how upset he was last time they lost to Canada in the Olympics, but this was different. It’s like he’s lost that spark, that willingness to go out and do anything they needed to win.

“Hey hun,” you say with a sympathetic smile.

“Hey (Y/N),” he wraps his arms around you and holds you tight, not saying anything else.

“I’m so sorry. That was a tough game, and you all played so well,” you pull away and look up at him, his sad eyes melting your heart. You want to do something to help him, anything to make it go away.

“It was a good team to lose to, and it was only by one point,” you bite your lip, hoping that was the right thing to say.

“Yeah, by now we’re pretty good at losing to Canada…” He sits down on the edge of the bed, pulling you down next to him and resting his head on your shoulder.

“But you beat Russia on their home ice! That was very impressive.”

He sighs and thinks about it. “I guess you’re right. It could be worse, and Canada is a pretty good team to get beaten by. They have a great coach and a lot of good players, a lot of people I respect.”

“Like Jonny…” You give him a teasing nudge, and he almost laughs.

“I never said I respected Toews,” he shoots you a half smile.

“That’s the Kaner I love,” you laugh and give him a kiss on the cheek. “You still have a shot at a medal. All you have to do is beat Finland, eh?”

“Yeah, and Finland’s tiny, that shouldn’t hard,” he jokes.

“You beat Russia, and they’re giant. You shouldn’t have a problem with Finland,” you tease and ruffle his hair, giving him another kiss on the cheek.

“(Y/N) you are so full of wisdom,” he says sarcastically with a smile. “Come on, let’s go to bed. I just want to go to sleep and forget about this.”

You crawl into bed and curl up next to him, stroking his hair until he falls asleep.

-Lila