#29 Taylor Hall Imagine

You walked with your best friend, Taylor Hall, on a particularly warm day in Canada. Taylor and you, however, were still both dressed in jeans, coats, and scarfs. You and Taylor laughed and talked while walking though the park near his hockey season apartment.

"So tell me what’s new." Taylor grinned.

You laughed, “What do you mean?”

Taylor shrugged, “I don’t know. Any new men in your life?” He smirked and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

You shook your head. “No, just working.”

Taylor frowned. “How have you managed to be an ice girl in Boston, and not catch someone’s eye?”

You sighed and looked at your feet, “Easy.  You don’t go flirt with other players. I also am the most uncoordinated.”

Taylor scoffed, “Bull, I’ve seen those girls. The players don’t need you to go to them. They notice you. You’re a better skater than any of those girls.” 

Your heart skipped a beat when he said you stand out. You felt disappointed when he blamed it on your skating ability. You sighed and nodded. You could see Taylor watching you from the corner of your eye. You tried to suppress your smile. You finally decided to ask him why he was staring at you.

You laughed, “What?”

Taylor looked away and smiled. You didn’t let it go. You walked after and turned around so you were walking in front of him.  “No! Tell me!”

Taylor laughed a little and looked down. You placed your hands on his shoulders and stopped him. You knew pushing him wouldn’t make a difference.

Taylor stopped a little and chuckled a little at your effort. “I was just thinking that you are very pretty.”

You blushed and dropped your hands from his shoulders. “Well, thank you.” You smiled.

Taylor smiled back, “You’re welcome.” You both resumed on your walk thoughtfully and quietly.

You couldn’t help but think about your best friend. For years you had flown out to Edmonton to see him. Every time you would get to meet a new bimbo he was dating. Never once did you tell him how you felt.

You decided to speak up, “Tay-”

“Y/N.” You and Taylor started at the same time.

You blushed, “You first.”

Taylor nodded and shoved his hands into his jean pockets. “So, I’ve been thinking… I just need tot tell you something.”

You felt your heart speeding up in your chest. You mouth went dry as you started to speak, “Yeah?”

He nodded. You looked over at him; both of you stopping on the path at the same time.

“Good, because I have to tell you something too.” You said.

Taylor nodded, “Y/N, I’m in love with you.”

You felt your heart stop. The world froze as you looked up at your best friend biting his lip. You snapped back to reality. Softly, you reached your hands up and cupped his face. You stood up on your tippy toes and kissed his lips. He pulled you in closer. After a few seconds you both broke the kiss. You hugged him tight.

“I love you too, Taylor. I always have.” You whispered back breathlessly.

-Ashley