#84 Alex Galchenyuk Imagine

"Brendan I’m not doing this!" You told your cousin.

"Come on Y/N, please!  He needs a date for this banquet.  Plus I think you guys could become a couple." Brendan pleaded.

"Since we were eleven you have told me to stay away from hockey players.  And now, your friend needs a date and you come to me.  Sorry, Brendan. Not happening."

"Y/N I’ll do anything!  Whatever you want I’ll do it just please help me!"

"Why can’t he get his own date?"

"The types of girls he’s with aren’t typically the type you bring to the 
organization’s banquet.” Brendan told you.  

After taking a deep breath and pinching the bridge of your nose, you told him you’d go with his bestfriend.

"But you have to buy me a whole new outfit for this!"

"Deal!" Brendan says without even hesitating.

The next day Brendan picks you up at 10 to go shopping since the event was this weekend.  You found a pair of black Louboutains and a royal blue mermaid dress with a criss-cross open back.  At home you had jewelry and a bag.

"Ok so on Saturday get to my place around 6 because we have to be there at 7." Brendan said before he walked out of your apartment.

Saturday came faster than you would’ve liked.  You reluctantly got out of bed to shower.  You had absolutely no idea what you were getting yourself into, you thought as you we’re blow drying your hair.  You left your hair straight and did a smokey eye for makeup.  You packed up your outfit and left for Brendan’s house.

When you got there you didn’t even bother knocking you walked right in, knowing the door was unlocked.  Brendan was sitting on his couch drinking a beer.

"Why aren’t you dressed?!" He shouted at you.

"Because I am NOT wrinkling that dress before I have to!" You say as you walk into Brendan’s bedroom.  You quickly changed and when you came out you saw Alex talking to Brendan.

"Alex this is Y/N, Y/N this is Alex." Brendan introduced you two.

"Hi!  Where’s Izzy?" You asked.  Izzy was a girl Brendan’s gone on a few dates with and you were expecting to see her tonight.

"She uh went on vacation so I’m solo tonight." Brendan said looking at the ground.  Alex and You had the same looks on our face.  A look of disbelief.  

"Come on we can’t be late!" Brendan said and ushered you all out the door.  

About twenty minutes later you arrived at the banquet center.  Brendan walked ahead of you and Alex.

"I’m really sorry about all this." Alex said once you sat down at a table.

"It’s ok." You reply.

"You can leave if you want.  Honestly, I won’t be hurt or offended by it."

"No I’ll stay.  I don’t want this dress to go to waste and plus Brendan practically begged me to come."

"He begged you?!  Oh my god I’m so sorry!  You probably think I’m this weird guy that can’t find his own date!"

"No, no!  He actually said the type of girls you’re with aren’t ones that should be taken to team events…"

"Oh so you think I’m the type of guy that goes for trashy girls."

"I was thinking you just partied a lot but I mean…."

"I’m just making this worse aren’t I?"

"Nope.  This surprisingly isn’t the worst blind date I’ve been on."

"So this is a date now?"

"Well that’s what Brendan called it."

"I wouldn’t take a girl on a first date to a team banquet.  Let’s leave."

"Don’t you have to stay?"

"Not really.  Come on let’s go." Alex said pulling you up out of your chair. 
Once you were outside waiting for a cab you felt your phone vibrate in your clutch.  You pulled it out and read a text from Brendan.

Brendan: I told you ;)

You slipped your phone back into the clutch and waited for the cab.  Alex slipped his arm around your waist and held you close on the chilly summer night.  Alex took you out to dinner where you talked and got to know each other.  After dinner he walked you back to your apartment once you realized you were only a couple blocks away.  Alex kissed you goodnight and it was the perfect start to a beautiful relationship.

-Jordan