#5 Jamie Benn Imagine

You walked out of American Airlines Center feeling completely jubilant. The Dallas Stars had just won in regulation at your first game. For years you had followed your team online and on TV, but you never found the time to drive out to Dallas from Austin. Luckily, your best friend and her boyfriend had just moved out here and had convinced you to come to a game.

“Be care getting to the hotel now, (Y/nickname). Crazy texans love to drink during the games… Now they drive home.” Your friend, (Y/F/N) said.

You laughed, “Yes, I will. I didn’t drink so… At least I’ll be sober. Anyways, I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” You hugged (y/f/n) and her boyfriend. They embraced you before parting ways.

You started your trek out to the back parking lot where you had left your car. The lot had long since cleared. You were surprised how quickly a stadium could clear after a game. You rounded the corner and could see your Toyota in the distance.

“Well hello there, Darlin’.” A voice behind you spoke.

You jumped. Them man came into view beside you. “Um… Hi.” You responded.

You began walking quicker to get away from him. He picked up his pace to keep up with you.

“Hey, you like my team.” He pointed to your jersey. You nodded. Finally realizing how drunk he was. You walked away from him, but he grabbed your arm.

“I’m talking to you!” He squeezed your arm and pulled you back. Instantly you felt yourself seizing up in fear.

“You sure are a pretty thing…” He slurred and leaned closer to your face. Instinctively you leaned away from his face.

“Please stop.” You said shakily.

The man ignored your request and tried to kiss you. Adrenaline kicked in. You punched him in the mouth and pushed him away. You turned to run. As you began to the back door to AAC opened. Multiple people filed out of the open door. You ran quickly towards them with your drunk stalker close behind.

“Help!” You screamed as you got closer to the group. The people looked in your direction right as the man behind you clamped his hand over your mouth.

The people by the door noticed and sprinted towards you.

“Let her go!” A guy yelled. Your crazy stalker seemed shocked. He began pulling you backwards as you fought against him. Quickly your rescuer approached with his group. He yanked you free from the man. His friends pulled the guy further away from you.

He focused his attention back to you and spoke gently, “Hey, it’s okay. He can’t hurt you.” You shook violently, but managed to nod.

He smiled kindly. “I’m Jamie Benn by the way. Don’t worry. This is Rich and Kari. Tyler over there is calling 911 to take care of this jackass. So what’s your name?” He asked.

You nodded, “Thank you, my name is (y/n).”

He shook your still shaky hand. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m sorry it’s under these circumstances though.”

You heard Tyler talking to the dispatch about what he saw. “Okay, let me ask.”

Tyler looked to you and asked for you to explain what happened. He handed you hid phone and you explained. Jamie looked at you encouragingly. When you finished Tyler took back the phone.

You looked back to Jamie who was smiling. You frowned, “What?”

He laughed, “You were so brave! I can’t believe you punched that guy in the face!”

You finally felt the adrenaline leave your body. Your mind cleared enough for you to start feeling excitement over being with the Stars players.

“Well. He deserves it.” You laughed.

For the next few minutes Jamie sat by you and helped you calm down. As the cop car pulled up you began feeling nervous again.You felt Jamie grab your hand.

“It’s okay. I’m here.”

-Ashley