#21 James Sheppard Imagine

Its 4:30 in the morning and James wasn’t home yet. The team had just won their game and securing a spot in the playoffs. You get it, they’re happy that they’re in the playoffs and you’re happy for the team. But, James has been partying a lot in the last month and you’re getting tired of it. Especially since he leaves you home most of the time. It’s not that you don’t trust him, it’s the girls that practically throw themselves at him that you don’t trust. Finally, about 15 minutes later James comes through the door, drunk.

   “Hey baby.” He slurs stumbling into the living and towards the couch were you were sitting.

“Hey James,” you say shortly, “We need to talk.”

“Y/N not now, I don’t feel good and I’m going to bed.” James manages to mumble out.

“JAMES!” You yell. He turns around and glares at you. “We need to have this conversation and we are having it now.” You continue before you lose your nerve.

“What conversation do we need to have Y/N, everything is fine.” He says clearly annoyed.

You laugh dryly and say “James nothing is fine! You go out partying pretty much every night and we hardly spend anytime together.”

“So you’re mad that I’m living my life, gee thanks Y/N so glad you care!” James spits out.

“Drop the attitude James I’m just trying to help you!” You say trying to keep your voice calm.

“Help me with what? I’m fine Y/N, so stop being a clingy bitch of a girlfriend and leave me alone.” He says harshly and that makes you lose it.

“FINE JAMES, I’M SORRY I CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND OUR RELATIONSHIP! BUT IT DOESN’T MATTER NOW BECAUSE YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT! I WON’T BE A CLINGY BITCH OF A GIRLFRIEND ‘CAUSE WE’RE THROUGH!” You scream at him with tears streaming down your face.

Suddenly James sobers up “Y/N I- I didn’t-”

You cut him off by running upstairs and slamming the door shut and locking it. You grab your duffel bag and start shoving clothes into it. Then you grab your phone to call your best friend to ask if you can stay for a while. But the second your about call her, there’s knocking on the door.

“Y/N, baby, please open the door. I didn’t mean anything I said.” He states and you can’t help but here how broken up he sounds.

“Then why would you say those things then?” you ask leaning against the door.

“I honestly don’t know, but I’ll do anything to make it up to you. I’ll-I’ll quit the partying, Y/N please I’ll give up anything but you. You can’t leave me you’re my rock, you’re what I come home to after away games, you’re there when I lose games and feel like crap, I need you Y/N. You’re my everything, please Y/N…”

You’re in tears by the end of his speech and you unlock the door. The second the lock clicks you’re swept up into James strong arms. You bury your face into his neck and you can’t help but cry.

  You feel tear drops falling onto your neck and you realize that James is crying also. You remove your head from his neck and lean your forehead against his. You look up through your eyelashes and see his red puffy eyes and tears falling down his handsome face.

“Y/N I’m so, so sorry. I’ll do any-” you cut him off by kissing him and he instantly kisses you back. You pull away and look him in the eyes.

“I know James ok? I may have overreacted, I was just so scared of losing you. You mean so much to me and just the thought of losing you made me upset.”

“You didn’t overreact I was being stupid, but I promise you that it will never happen again. If I do go partying you’ll be by my side every second.” James says honestly and you just smile and kiss him.

“Now how about we celebrate your win.” You say bringing him towards the bed. He smiles and kisses you deeply.

“Let’s.”   

-Ashley