What did you two do? (chapter 40)

Start from the beginning

,,I need to go." Dan said and I chuckled not being able to hold my laughters anymore.

,,Yeah, that's better." Shawn said and Dan left without saying anything else.

,,What is his problem?" Ethan asked and we made space for him to enter the apartment.

,,He has way too many." I said and Shawn nodded in agreement.

,,Anyways how comes that you are the first one to come? You are never punctual." Shawn said and chuckled.

,,It's Addison's party, so I thought as her friend I can be punctual. That's the least I can do." Ethan said and Shawn and I raised our eyebrows in surprise.

,,Bro, you weren't even punctual at my birthday. Now come on. Tell us. You like Addison?" Shawn asked and I looked excited at Ethan to find out the answer.

,,Of course I like her. She's a good friend."

,,NO!" Shawn and I yelled at the same time at him.

,,I mean: do you like like her? Like more than friends?" Shawn asked and I laughed at how many times he said the word 'like'.

,,What?......No..." Ethan said and started blushing.

,,OMG! You like her! Look at the way you are blushing!" I said excited and jumped lightly around.

,,That's good, bro!" Shawn said and pushed Ethan lightly in a playful way.

,,Look. I know your story and I know you want the best for me and Addison, but even if I'd like her, I'm not good for her." Ethan said and sat on the couch trying to ignore me and Shawn.

,,What are you talking about? You are such a nice guy, Ethan!" I said and sat next to him.

,,I don't want this to sound mean, but we didn't talk for about over a year. Let's just say it wasn't my best year." Ethan said and I looked confused at him and Shawn.

What were they hiding? How so that both, Shawn and Ethan, had a bad year at the same time.

,,What did you two do?" I asked and looked serious at them.

,,What do you mean?" Shawn and Ethan asked at the same time and because of that I knew they were hiding something from me.

,,What did you two do during the past year?" I asked and stood up from the couch to look at them.

,,I told you, Mila. I had a bad drinking problem and I was a total mess." Shawn said.

,,Is there something you aren't telling me?" I asked.

,,I-...I can't tell you..." Shawn said and that hurt. It was probably the most painful thing I ever heard in the past one month.

,,Why?" I asked and felt my voice breaking, but I hid it as best as I could. Shawn looked away trying to avoid eye contact.

,,Because of me." Ethan said.

,,What do you mean?"

What could be so bad that they couldn't tell me!? Shawn is my freaking boyfriend and Ethan and I used to be so close.

,,Shawn had his drinking problem, but I was worse. My mom died that year and I..."

,,You?" I asked and started being scared about what he was going to tell me.

,,I started doing drugs.."

,,Ethan!"

,,I know! I started going to therapy and all that. I stopped, but still." He said and looked down at his hands.

,,Still what? You aren't doing it anymore, right?"

,,No, I don't. I know it was a mistake. It's just....I don't know..."

,,You are judging yourself for what you did. Am I right?" I asked and he didn't answer.

I knew that the silence was his response so I went to sit down next to him and pulled him in for a hug.

,,You can't judge yourself if you want to get better. No one judges you. We all had our bad days." I said and rubbed his back lightly.

,,Bro, look. I know you went through some bigger shit then I did, but we went through a lot of it together. So let's get through this together." Shawn said.

,,He's right. I'm not over Nina's death and neither are you over your mom's dead. You and Shawn can get over your past addiction while we try to get over Nina's and your mom's death. You are not alone, Ethan."

,,Thank you guys.... You know what? I really missed...this." Ethan said.

,,Me too." Shawn and I said at the same time and that made us all three laugh.

,,Okay now let's stop with this emo conversation." Shawn said and we laughed again.

,,Agreed." I said and right then the interphone rang again. I stood up and went to answer it.

,,Hello?"

,,Here is Lena and Daniel!" I heard Lena say excited and opened the building door and the apartment door for them.

,,Hey, Milita!" Lena said and I greeted her with a hug. ,,When is Adi coming?"

,,She's coming with her parents." I informed her.

After a few minutes, Zara and Austin arrived too and not long time after them Liam got there too.

We were now waiting for Addison and her parents. We turned off all the lights and everyone hid as the interphone rang.

,,Hello?" I answered the interphone.

,,It's Delia, Max and Addison. We stopped by to grab the....thing?" Addison's mom said on the interphone.

,,Come in." I said and opened the building door with the interphone.

Shawn came with Riley so that if we open the door Addison won't see at first that everything is dark in there. I opened the apartment door and waited together with Shawn for Adi and her parents.

,,Hey, guys!" Addison said with a sad smile on her face as she and her parents got at our floor.

She was probably thinking that we forgot about her birthday. If she knew...

,,Surprise!" We shouted and made space for her to see the apartment as we switched the lights on.

,,OMG! You didn't!" She said in shock.

,,Of course we did! You freaking deserve it!" I said excited and made her enter the apartment.

,,Thank you, guys..." She said and some tears appeared in her eyes.

,,You crying?" I asked worried.

,,Sorry...the hormones..." She said and everyone laughed.

The whole day went as planed and I couldn't be happir for Adi. Everyone had fun and even Riley seemed pretty excited to be in the middle of the attention from time to time. After I needed to bring Riley to bed, we tried to keep the party as quiet as possible and to my surprise, it worked.

Everything was just perfect and at the end of the party, Shawn and I skipped the whole cleaning up part and went to bed exhausted. We let the least fun things for the next day.

----------
Ready for a timp jump? A little one, but still🤗