39~ we all have our reasons

Start from the beginning

Kay nodded, flinching slightly at the mention of the twos old friendship. She didn't like bringing it up because she said it reminded her of the day she'd witnessed Paige's kidnapping.

"Well that afternoon it was you who Ghetsis was after, you were the one meant to be the Princess of Team Plasma. The grunts who grabbed Paige got it mistaken and you know the rest. Ghetsis wanted to kill her the moment he found she was mute, a mistake he would have handled but Paige not being able to even spread the word enraged him. When the police found out, Ghetsis was even more furious because he couldn't take anyone else without rousing suspicion." N spoke as if the worlds were poisoned.

"Wait, Ghetsis actually wanted to kill Paige? When she was only seven!?" Kay practically growled.

N nodded. "I wouldn't let him near her. Ghetsis only let her stay because he knew it would make me stay in the castle without wanting to go outside. But over time I got to spent less time with Paige so I gave her Samurai and Gardenia as eggs."

~Best decision you ever made.~ Samurai snorted bitterly.

"Anyway, since Paige was staying, Ghetsis tried to... brainwash her so to speak. Teaching her his impression of right and wrong. Once I figured it out I stopped it. I knew one day if set Paige free, I didn't want her to be a mindless slave when I did and I did."

"How?"

"What? Did you think someone would be so careless to leave the kitchen door where Paige just happened to be working that night that just happened to lead outside unlocked. Sure Paige decided to run but I left the door open, told her to take her Pokemon the the kitchens with her, made sure she was in the right room, made sure the door was unlocked and opened before she got there and kept most the grunts distracted while she ran." N smiled victoriously. "I kept an eye on her since her journey begun."

"Makes sense how you always knew where she was." I nodded. "But why?"

"We all have out reasons for everything. I have mine, you have yours. If someone made our decisions for us we wouldn't be ourself." N shrugged and spoke like he'd recited it a hundred times.

~You need new material N. You've told Paige that thousands of times.~ Samurai smirked. He and Angel were the only Pokemon still awake at this point.

N shrugged. "It's true though. I made sure Paige knew that. Making your own mind about things is important. Why do you think Paige has her own opinion on weather people and Pokemon can live together or not when I'm against it. I made sure Paige knew that the decision was hers to make." He turned to Paige and scooped her up as if she was a small child... Which she is...

"Where shale I put her?" N asked as if he hadn't just been ranting a second ago.

"I'll show you. I'm going to bed now anyway." Kay yawned.

Kay showed N to their tent with Angel rotting at their heels. Milly stood up and stretched. "I'm gonna hit the hay as well. You staying up?"

"I'll be there in a minute." I replied.

Milly nodded and went to our tent set up next to Paige and Kay's.

N walked out of Paige and Kay's tent nodding to me.

"Can I see your X-transceiver for a moment?" He asked.

I nodded and removed mine from my wrist, passing it to him. He fiddled with it then his before passing it back to me. I found he had added himself in my contacts and most likely added me to his.

"Call me if you or Paige needs anything." N nodded before turning to leave.

He turned around and looked at me for a moment. "Thank you Jake, for taking care of Paige. I don't know how many people I'd be able to trust to take care of her. She's really special to me so keep her safe."

I nodded. "I will and it's no trouble... but before you go I have a question."

"Fire away."

"If it comes down to it, would you protect Paige over obeying Ghetsis? I mean if you had to choose one and one only?"

N was quiet as if he didn't know what to answer.

"You don't need to answer. I just want you to think about it."

N nodded and left without another word. My question was fair and I couldn't help but think it may come down to it. Now that Ghetsis knows Paige is gone again and with Nicole after her. Who knows how long it will take for a decision between the two was being forced to be made for N.

~I'd choose Paige over anyone.~ Samurai snorted from his tree. ~Anyone who has to think about that can't really be her friend.~

"Actually it is a hard question. I mean if I had to choose between Milly and Paige it would be hard to choose. Or my Pokemon."

Samurai thought a moment. ~Guess you're right.~ He shrugged. ~But I promised to protect Paige and I will. Too many promises to her have been broken, she's been hurt to much. I won't let it happen again.~

I nodded. "Neither will I."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I'm practically snoring already I'm so tired. Sorry it got a bit sloppy towards the end. I'm practically falling asleep already. Damn stress related sleeping disorder, I'm not even stressed.

Anyway long chappy, yay!

Jake: am I the only one who realises that all Paige's Pokemon are girls.

Samurai: hello I exist people!

Jake: oh yeah. Sorry you're so much like an over protective mother I couldn't tell the difference.

Samurai: you do realise that if you ever want to date Page you're gonna have to ask me first right?

Jake: O_O

N: *smirks and hugs Paige* I can be with Paige when I want.

Paige: :Boys are weird:

Agreed. TTFN

SMG HYPING OUT *turns into a porcupine and teleports to the land of sunshine and rainbows*

Ps- please please please comment. I don't really say it but I get disappointed when no one does especially on the funny parts. *gets down on knees and holds up Miku who's doing puppy eyes* if not for me, for Miku.