Not again...(chapter 37)

Start from the beginning

,,Who is your daughter?" Shawn asked even if we both had a clue who it might be.

,,Amalia Moon."

Not again...

,,Can I please talk to you in person for a second and explain you the situation?" The man asked and Shawn looked like he was thinking about what he was going to say next.

,,I'll come downstairs." Shawn said and hung up the interphone. His words surprised me thinking about the fact that he was the one who didn't want to have anything to do with Skylar and her family.

,,You going to talk to him?" I asked confused.

,,I just wanna know what we got ourselves into as you gave Skylar the money. She didn't say anything about a father so maybe she lied or I don't know. Stay here. I'll be right back."

,,Okay..." I said and then he exited the apartment.

I ran to the window to see at least that he was safe. I was probably just exaggerating once again, but I can't help the way my mind thinks.

Shawn POV

I walked downstairs and as I exited the building, there was a man that I supposed was the man I just talked to.

,,I need some answers." I said and the man nodded. ,,First of all, I wanna know if what Sk- I mean Amalia told me and my girlfriend is true."

,,You talked to my Amalia?" The man asked surprised.

,,Yes... Can you tell me now if what she told me is real?"

,,I don't know what she told you... She took money from ten people and lied to everyone of them about why she needs them. Every single person I talked to, said that Amalia told them something completely different."

,,I don't understand... Why did she need so much money?"

,,Ahm....drugs...and alcohol..."

,,What!? She told me that she needs money because her mom is in danger."

,,Her mom is dead... She died years ago because of cancer. I just found out that Amalia had been doing drugs since then and I just don't know what to do.." The man said and seemed so heartbroken.

,,And her brothers?" I asked and the man only looked confused at me.

,,She doesn't have brothers..."

Did this girl say the truth about anything!?

,,Okay look. I think Amalia needs some real help."

,,I know, but first of all I wanted to give the money back to every person she took money from. Can you please tell me where I can find Camila Cabello?" The man said and he really looked like a person you could trust.

,,She is my girlfriend and the woman you talked to on the interphone the first time. You scared her and I wasn't home and she was alone with our baby, so she lied to you not wanting to let a stranger in her apartment." I said and felt my cheeks burning as I said our baby.