Aziraphale x Ftm!reader

(Y/n's POV)

Aziraphale and I had been dating for, I think about three centuries or thereabout. I have to admit that it's more or less my fault that we didn't get to gather sooner. I should have come out to him earlier but I didn't. I suppose I was afraid of what he might say because he knew me as (Y/b/n) for so long. But in the end, I did and we got together soon after.

"Aziraphale, there you are! Have you seen 'Koi Lullaby' anywhere? That is the last painting I need to hang up and I can't find it anywhere." I explained as I walked past my partner in the gallery.

"I believe it is still in the car." He said with a smile.

I was putting on my very first art show at a real gallery, and I was freaking out. They never tell you how stressful it is to set up these shows, but Aziraphale has been a Godsend. (Pun intended dear reader.)

I hurried out to the Bentley that was sitting in the parking lot. I carefully opened the door and pulled the seat forward. I found the painting just where Aziraphale said it would be. I pull it out and drag it inside to hang up.

When I finish hanging it up I stand back to look at the wall where all my best works were hanging. Aziraphale came up next to me and marveled at the wall.

"Ah, I forgot to grab Crowley!" I said and scuttled off to find my brother.

I may have forgotten to mention that Crowley and I were brothers. Not necessarily biologically, unless the fact God created both of us counts. No, we just both fell at the same time. Crowley questioned god, and hey, he made some great points so I decided to ask God too, so I followed him down to hell.

"Crowley, stop drinking in the storage, closet and come look at my wall." I shouted down the hall in the back of the studio.

"How did you know I was back here?" He said, stumbling out of a closet.

"One, I could smell the bourbon, two, you always do that no matter where we go," I replied and walked back out into the main room.

I noticed people gathering at the door waiting to come in. I was elated to see I had attracted a crowd, but a small feeling of doubt crept over me.

I came to stand between Crowley and Aziraphale to marvel at my works one more time before I let the people in.

When I figured I had stood there long enough I took a deep breath and opened the doors to let the crowd flow in.

I started to mingle with people and talk about my paintings. Aziraphale and Crowley went off to have a break.

As I was mingling I noticed an all too familiar face. Carl Allaband. The most famous art critic London has ever seen. I almost lost my cool as he approached.

"Ah, hello (Y/n) Nice to meet you." He said holding out his for me to shake.

I shook it, then had to stop myself from trembling.

"Hello Mr. Allaband sir, it is nice to meet you," I replied with a nervous smile.

"Oh, you can call me Carl, no need to be formal." He said with a kind smile. "Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

"Oh, no, of course not," I said, calming down a bit on account of his kind demeanor.

He asked me about my inspiration, and what motivated me to open a gallery. Also things about where I was born and my early life, the likes. It was kind of like a mini-interview.

When he finished he shook my hand again and went back to look at my pieces.

I was still a bit freaked out so I went to go find Aziraphale and Crowley. They were sitting on a little bench right outside the back door.

"Ah, guys! You'll never guess who is in there right now!" I nearly shouted.

"My goodness! Who is it?" Aziraphale asked worriedly.

"Carl Allaband," I said with a worried smile.

"That art critic guy?" Crowley asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes, that art critic guy," Aziraphale said with a huge grin. "Dear that is just amazing."

He stood up and enveloped me in a hug. I hugged him back then looked at Crowley over his shoulder when he spoke.

"That is amazing." He said, as sincerely as Crowley can of course.

"Okay, so I have to get back in there but I just had to tell you both!" I said once Aziraphale let go. I walked back inside and hoped Carl would be at the very least gentile with his criticisms.

After the exhibit was over I locked the doors then climbed into the back of the Bentley. I was still buzzing with excitement despite how tired I was. We got back to the bookstore and wished Crowley a goodnight as he drove off.

I talked for most of dinner and our free time before bed. I told him about all the amazing people I met and all the people who bought prints and the likes. Then I told him we had to buy a paper tomorrow so we could see what Carl wrote. He agreed, then we got ready for bed.

The next morning I was barely dressed as I rushed down the stairs to buy a paper from the stand down the street. Once I had bought it I flipped through it while walking back to the store. I finally found his column and sat down in one of the big store chairs as Aziriphale came downstairs.

"This exhibit was unlike any other I have seen. The raw emotion put into these paintings was magnificent. They were truly painted from the heart. I would definitely go back to buy every one of his paintings. Now for a little more background on the artist..."

I was so happy I started to cry. Aziraphale, who had been reading over my shoulder, held out his arms for another hug. I pulled him so close to me and buried my face in his neck.

"I told you, you could do it darling!" He whispered into my ear.

"I would never have gotten this far without you Azi!" I said, starting to tear up.

"Nonsense, you just needed a little push." He said, pulling back to look at me.

I couldn't help myself and leaned forward and connected our lips.

"Aziraphale, thank you so much. "

___________________________
A/n: #23! Hope you liked a cute and fluffy Good Omens one.