Whizzer Brown x Ftm!reader

A/n: I hope you like this Glitching-fox!

A/n pt.2: (Y/b/n) = Your birth name

(Y/n's POV)

I pulled up and stopped in front of a tiny townhouse. A tiny townhouse that I bought, with my own money. A tiny townhouse that was mine. Even though all my muscles were tired from packing up and moving from my old apartment, I jumped out of the car. I could barely contain my excitement. I had to go inside again.

When I opened the door, it was everything I had ever hoped for; hardwood floors and a kitchen with a washing machine. I visited the property before but there is nothing like unlocking the door and knowing this is your home. I excitedly went through every room then decided I should start bringing up my stuff from the car.

Once all of the things from my car were unloaded, I sat down on the floor and leaned against the wall. I was very tired and very very hungry. Pulling out my phone I checked where the moving van was, and sadly, they wouldn't be here till tomorrow. That means I will be sleeping on the floor tonight. I mean, it could be worse. At least I was in my own house. I decided to ignore my sleeping arrangements for now and attend to the hunger gnawing at my stomach. I looked up the closest restaurant and it was a diner called "8th and lunch st." I thought it was cute so I decided to go there. I grabbed my bag with all my sketching stuff that I take everywhere with me and walked out into the cool evening air. I hadn't even noticed how long I had been unpacking until then. At least everything was out of my car and for the most part, unpacked. The cool air felt nice because it was kind of stuffy in the house. I made a mental note to open some of the windows overnight, not that I thought I would remember. Either way, I enjoyed the short jaunt to the diner and was pleased to find out the place was open twenty-four/seven. I walked in and found a small table toward the back of the restaurant. I wanted to sit back there so I could choose someone to draw while I waited. The nice waiter came and took my order, so I finally had a bit of time to observe.

I looked at all the faces, trying to decide which would be most interesting to draw when I settled on a man at the bar. He looked so familiar to me, yet I couldn't place his face. He seemed almost comforting. I took this as a sign to draw him.

I pulled out my sketch pad and my favorite pencil and commenced the drawing. He hardly looked up from the book he was reading which was all the better for me. I tried very hard to not stare at him because I found out very early on, people don't like being stared at.

While I drew him I wracked my brain to match his face to a name. Maybe he looked like an actor? No, at least, none I knew.

Is he a model? Probably not, I doubt a model would eat at this place.

I was just finishing the highlights on his skin when it came to me.

"Whizzer!" I called out a tad louder than I had intended. Thankfully the song playing over the speakers drowned out my realization.

I couldn't believe it! I hadn't seen Whizzer in almost six years. After we graduated college he moved away and we both got busy. The more time that came between us, the less I remembered him, and soon enough, he wasn't at the front of my mind anymore. I have to be honest though. I was glad he kind of slipped out of my life like that because he knew me before I had transitioned. I didn't come out until a year after college and he knew the old me so I preferred to let him stay in my memory as a great friend. I didn't want to mar the memory of him with a bad reaction to my transition. To be fair, I had no idea how he would have reacted. I decided to never reach out again. But here he was, less than fifteen feet away from me. I had finished the drawing and laid it on the table next to me.

I decided that I needed to go talk to him, I mean, I don't think I would get another chance anytime soon. I picked up my sketch pad and took a deep breath. I walked over and sat on the barstool next to him. He looked up and nodded cordially but went back to his book.

"Um, your name wouldn't happen to be Whizzer Brown would it?" I asked, my voice portraying my nervousness.

"Yes, that's me. May I ask who you are?" He replied cautiously.

"Oh, well, my name is (Y/n), we went to college together."

"I'm sorry, you do look familiar, but I don't remember that name."

"Oh, um right, well, I did change my name, it was (Y/b/n)."

He looked me up and down, a look of surprise, but happiness was on his face.

"You do look a bit different, you have to admit." He finally responded.

"Yeah, I would have to agree with you."

"Well, it's been a while, and people change."

I was a bit taken aback by that statement. Did he really accept this change that quickly? He didn't even question it.

"So, when did you come out?" He questioned, trying to keep the conversation alive.

"Um, a year or so after graduation. But hold on, you didn't even blink. I thought at least you would be a bit stand-offish." I said, somewhat disappointed that I had misjudged him.

"What can I say? Back in college, this would have freaked me out, but I've dated plenty of trans men. Plus, as far as women go, it was pretty obvious you weren't one."

I looked away a little and smiled in surprise.

"Okay, so there is a lot to unpack here, but let's start with the fact you have dated men?" I replied.

"Yeah, I've dated plenty, mostly after college though, what can I say, people, change (Y/n)."

I chuckled, more in surprise than anything, and shook my head to clear my thoughts.

"Maybe we should start again," I replied.

"I would agree."

"So, how have you been all these years?" I asked.

"Pretty good. I've had a few jobs and a few flings but nothing major. And you?"

"Um, well, I just moved here, and I've taken up drawing." I pulled out the sketch and showed it to him.

He took it and smiled as he looked over the details.

"I think you missed your calling as an artist (Y/n)."

"Somedays, I'd be inclined to agree."

We talked for a while longer, until he looked at his watch.

"Oh god, it's already eleven o'clock, I should get going." He stated.

"As should I." I replied, looking over at the forgotten plate of food at my seat.

"Here, this is my phone number. Call me up, we have to talk some more." He handed me a napkin with his number scribbled in blue ink.

I smiled as I took it and folded it, slipping it into my pocket.

"Okay! I'll be seeing you soon I hope." I said, hoping he would catch the hidden meaning.

"I hope so too (Y/n), have a good night."

Then he left. Just like that, the man whom I had been afraid to come out to, came back into my life, all for the better.

_________________________

A/n: I hope you all enjoyed! I'll see you next time!