Sheldon Cooper x Ftm!reader pt. 2

A/n: This was requested by and written for @Doggvyhb.

(Y/n's POV)

I paced in front of the door to my apartment, for coming up on ten minutes now. The low-level anxiety I had been feeling all day in the lab now culminating to form a huge knot in my stomach. It was real, I was going out on a date with the one and only Sheldon Cooper whom I now worked with. I was not waiting for him, merely waiting for the clock to hit 8:10 so I could leave and get to the restaurant on time.

I heard footsteps on the stairs indicating that my roommate was about to round the corner.

"You're still here? I thought you left like ten minutes ago." They asked when they saw me.

"Nope, only pacing," I replied, staring at the clock on my phone.

"I feel like you are worrying over nothing, I mean, he was the one to ask you on a date." They said and leaned against the counter.

"That is true but it will be weird because I know everything about him and he knows nothing about me!"

"It's only weird if you make it weird, and I know that is worn out advice but you should take it. I say, just act like it is the first time you are hearing this, or take it as an opportunity to ask deeper questions." They said and went to make a cup of tea.

I nodded and checked my phone. The time said 8:11, so I basically ran out the door. I climbed into my car and noticed I was shaking a bit.

I took a deep breath and began the drive to the restaurant. While I was driving, my brain kept tossing "what if?" situations at me. None of them were good, and they only helped to worsen my anxieties.

By the time I got to the restaurant I wasn't hungry anymore, in fact, I felt sick. I tried to take a deep breath as I waited outside the small building for Sheldon.

Soon enough he pulled up accompanied by Leonard. I was worried he would be the third wheel but he said he was off to see a movie with Penny.

I then followed Sheldon into the building and found a nice place to sit by the window. There was a bit of tense silence before I broke in.

"So, did you have a nice day?" I asked.

"You were there with me for most of the day." He replied.

"Yeah, but what about the other parts?"

"Yes, I do suppose it was a nice day."

"I came across this really interesting article about fungi the other day. I can give you my copy of Smithsonian if you want to read it?" I offered.

"No thank you. Biology does not interest me."

"Oh, okay."

I looked down at the menu in embarrassment. I tried to think of other things to talk about when Sheldon spoke again.

"What do you enjoy doing in your free time?" He asked.

"I like to read about new Biological discoveries, paint, as well as watch Star Trek."

"You must show me some of your paintings sometime." He replied.

"What do you like to do in your free time?"

"I like to watch Star Trek, produce my video podcast 'Sheldon Cooper presents Fun with Flags.'"

"Oh, I have watched a few episodes!" I replied enthusiastically.

"Which is your favorite?"

"I have to admit, it is probably the premiere episode. I liked learning how to fold the flags."

He nodded then looked back at his menu. The waiter then came and took our orders forcing us to have to try and engage in more small talk.

"What do you like to paint?"

"I mostly like to paint quotes from shows I like, or fictional landscapes I wish existed. Sometimes I dabble in realism though." I replied.

"I tried to paint once but it did not come out as I planned and I did not like it." He admitted.

"I could teach you." I offered with a small smile.

"Maybe, that might be nice."

The conversation continued smoothly through the end of our meal. After dinner, we waited outside for Penny and Leonard to pick him up. While we waited we decided to have another date next Saturday. I offered to cook for him and show off some of my paintings. He promised to bring some of his most unique flags.

As I got back in my car I took a deep breath. The night had gone a lot better than I expected and I was excited for next Saturday.

And that was the story of our first date. I said then sat down handing the microphone to Leonard. I looked out at the sea of our friends and family and then over to my beautiful newlywed husband. He looked back over at me and flashed a smile. I could tell he was uncomfortable, mostly because I was as well. But both our families insisted on a "traditional" wedding. I mean as tradition as a wedding between two gay theoretical physicists can be. I was just pleased to finally be married to the man of my dreams.

For the record, he loved my paintings and I loved the private flag facts.

__________________

A/n: Sorry for the delay again, I hope you enjoyed the second part!!