Nagisa Shitoa x Male!reader

A/n: This was written for KamPotato91347. I hope you like it, sorry it took so long!

*You are both 20 in this story*

(Y/n's POV)

I'm starting my new job today so I woke up extremely early to get ready. I threw on some super cute Olive green shorts, paired that with a loose-fitting black shirt. Then I throw on a long jacket and pair it with my favorite shoes and I'm on my way. I walk out my front door and head toward the bus stop on the corner of my block.

When I came up to the bus stop I sat down and took out my book that I keep in my satchel. I opened the book to where my bookmark was resting and began to read.

After a few minutes, another person came up to the bus stop and sat down on the far end of the bench. They had light blue hair that was tied up in pigtails. They had on a dark blue suit vest, a white shirt, and some black slacks. I tried to focus on reading but my eyes kept darting over to look at them.

As I was about to say something, the bus pulled up and we both got on. They went toward the back of the bus and sat down while I sat in the front. My stop was the second one so no need to ride in the back.

When I got to work I tried to shake the thought of them from my mind. I just kept thinking about how good they looked in that suit vest, and how the hair fit them very well.

As I sat at my desk, my eyes glazed over and I thought about what I would say to them. If they were even there tomorrow. Oh no! I hadn't even thought about that! What if they only rode that bus one time, I mean, they didn't have any bags so it's possible I could never see them again. At that I pushed all thoughts about them out of my head, if I could never see them again then I wouldn't torture myself.

The next morning I found myself staring at my closet. I couldn't decide what to wear. I decided that some tan slacks and a rust-colored sweater would work. I could feel the twinge of autumn in the air so I decided to take a hat in case I got cold.

As I began to read like the day before, the blue-haired person appeared again. Again my eyes darted toward them. I finally decided to break the silence.

"So, the weather is getting cold isn't it?" I said awkwardly.

"Oh, yes, I suppose it is." They replied quietly. They seemed somewhat caught off-guard by my comment.

"Well, I noticed you here yesterday, and I started a new job that day and figured I should make some friends."

"Oh, I ride the bus to my job as well." They replied.

"How rude of me! I should probably introduce myself. (Y/n), (Y/n)(Y/l/n)."

"My name is Nagisa Shiota." They said.

"And if you don't mind, may I ask for your pronouns? Mine are He/him."

He seemed surprised that I asked.

"Mine are He/him as well."

And thus began a small friendship between the two of us. We would talk every morning and sit next to one another on the bus. Then we would repeat the process the next morning. This was going great until I realized that something still felt like it was missing. I couldn't quite tell what it was for a while. Then, one night as I was falling asleep, the realization came over me. I wanted to be more than friends with Nagisa, I wanted to date him. The problem was that we had only been friends for something like a month and a half. We also hadn't even seen each other outside of our morning routines. I thought about what to do and decided to ask him to go get a drink, but I won't necessarily say if it's a date. Hopefully, this will make it so he can decide whether it was a date or not.

The next morning I decided to put my plan into motion.

"Good morning Nagisa."

"Good morning (Y/n)."

"Hey, I was thinking last night, and I was wondering if you wanted to go get a drink with me?" I asked nervously.

"Like a date?" he asked right away.

"Well, it doesn't have to be a date-"

"Yes, I would like to go out on a date with you." He cut me off.

"Wait, really?" I responded.

"Yes, I am free on Saturday, how does 7:30 sound?"

"Oh, um, great! Do you want to choose the place?"

"Yes, I can choose the place."

After that, we faded back into a conversation about the most recent books he has read.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous because I very much was. I put on my favorite outfit and tried to shake the anxiety I was feeling. I mean, it was just Nagisa, we were friends so what should I be worried about? It's not like I have to make a first impression or anything.

The knock on my door pulled me out of my thoughts. I finished fixing my hair and went to answer the door.

Nagisa was in his normal outfit but this time his suit vest was brown giving him a more relaxed appearance.

We walked to the bar we rode past every day, and I remember remarking that I wanted to go there sometime. I smiled slightly at the thought that he chose his place on purpose. When we got into the bar, it was fairly busy, but we found a quiet corner to sit down and talk.

The conversation flowed easily, as per usual and I got a bit tipsier than I would like to admit. But Nagisa seemed to be having a good time so I didn't want the night to end. Soon, like a true gentleman, he suggested we go on a walk to try and sober up a bit.

We walked around a few blocks and ended up back at my apartment door.

I will forever blame the alcohol for my courage that night. But I leaned forward and pecked Nagisa on the lips before I walked into my apartment.

The next morning he suggested we go out and get some dinner that next weekend.

____________________

A/n: Hope you all enjoyed! See you next time.