Klaus Hargreeves x Ftm!reader

(Klaus' POV)
I was walking down the street when I suddenly got a strong hankering for some coffee.
"Hey, Ben, what do you think about getting some coffee?" I asked, turning to the man beside me.
"Well, I suppose a morning dose of caffeine is better than a morning dose of heroin." He replied, as sarcastic as ever.
"Ah, you got me there. Anyway, why don't we try that new place down the street? What's the name? Steamy Buns Coffee?" I question, looking ahead again.
"The name is Steamy Beans Coffee" Ben corrected.
"Oh yeah, you're right."
When we come to the corner, I can see the coffee shop across the street. The new sign is still shiny, and the bay windows sparkly clean.
"What do you think I should get? I mean I don't really like coffee. How about an iced coffee with some caramel syrup in it?" I asked Ben.
"Are you just too afraid to call it a caramel frappuccino?" He joked and leaned against the light pole.
"No, but now that you mention it, that sounds amazing! Oh, and extra whipped cream. Perfect." I said just as the crosswalk signal changes to 'WALK.'
As I walked into the shop I noticed it was warm and calming. The decor was coffee bean themed and was very cute.
"Good Morning! How can I help you?" The boy at the front counter asked brightly.
"Oh um, do you have a caramel frappuccino?" I said, walking up to the counter.
"Yes, we do! What size would you like?" He replied
"A large, please. Can I also get extra whipped cream?"
"Ooo, someone after my own heart, that is my exact order. What is the name for the order?" He smiled, and I was caught off guard by just how attractive he was.
"Klaus," I mumbled.
"And an elegant name, you are just the whole package." He joked as he turned around to make the drink.
I went and sat down at a table next to the window. Ben sat across from and looked out at the street.
"Do you think he is that personable with everyone?" I questioned quietly.
"I don't think so, just look at him talking to that customer." I turn to look at him helping the next customer who came in. He was smiling but he was much less enthusiastic.
"I guess you're right," I replied.
"As usual."
After a bit, the barista came over and handed me my drink.
"Anything else I can help you with?" He asked sweetly.
"Um, no, not right now. Thank you." I replied.
"Anytime." He said, then winked at me, and went back behind the counter.
I sat in silence and sipped my drink as I watched the cars go by. Once I was finished, I got up and walked back out into the now too cold city.
"I think I was right to call that place Steamy Buns Coffee," I said more to myself than to Ben.
(Y/n's POV)
"Did you see that dude that just left?" My coworker Rosey asked.
"The one in the skirt?" I responded, half looking at her.
"Yeah them."
"I was the one that helped them. Why?"
"I hope you gave them your number. They are perfect for you." She said, elbowing me.
I loved Rosey, she was one of my best friends, but she tried to set me up with anything that had a pulse.
"I don't know, I just met them and I only talked to them for like a minute," I said, turning around and handing her a coffee.
"What do you mean you 'don't know?' you practically said I love you with hard you were flirting."
"I wasn't flirting on purpose, at least not consciously. I really liked his name, and that was my exact coffee order." I said matter-of-factly.
"Well, either way, you were flirting your ass off, and I hope for both of our sakes they come back. I refuse to listen to your lamenting about how they got away." She said as she walked away to serve the drink.
"Yeah, I hope they come back too," I whispered to myself.
~The Next Day~
"Hello, how can I help- Oh you're back. Hold on one moment."Rosey said, turning around to call for me. "(Y/n)! The one in the skirt is back"
"Oh, okay hold on," I called, basically running to the front counter. "Oh, they're right there. Hello, How can I help you?" I said, a bit embarrassed.
"Well, I think I'll have a large Iced chai latte." They ordered with a cute smile.
"With whipped cream?"
"Of course."
"Klaus right?"
"Yeah, good memory. And you?"
"Oh, ha, it's (Y/n)."
"That's a pretty name for a pretty boy." He said, returning my wink from before.
"Thank you," I said, then laughed nervously.
When he walked away, I turned to make the drink, going over the embarrassing things I had said.
"Hey (Y/n), I can make that drink for you real quick." Rosey offered.
"Okay, sure, I'll clean the espresso machine then," I said, trying to keep myself busy.
Rosey made the drink, then ripped off a piece of paper from her order booklet and scribbled something on it. I ignored her and tried to just focus on cleaning.
(Klaus' POV)
I was looking out of the window again when the woman who works with (Y/n) came up to me and served me my drink.
"Here you are! By the way, that is my coworker's number, he's too afraid to give it to you, but trust me, he likes you." She said before giving me a thumbs up.
"Oh, ugh, thanks," I said, a bit taken aback by her bluntness.
I looked at Ben and shrugged before I put the number into my phone.
(Y/n's POV)
"Hey (Y/n), I gave Klaus there your number. Just wanted you to know in case they text you," Rosey said with a huge smile plastered on her face.
"You did what?" I said, trying to hush myself so Klaus didn't hear me. "Why did you do that?"
Suddenly my phone went off in my pocket.
"Who is it? Is it them?" Rosey said smiling, obviously proud of herself.
"Never do this again," I said and turned away to respond to the text.
"Hopefully I won't have to." She replied cheekily.
~Text message~
'Hey, this is Klaus, you know, the dude in the skirt. I hope this isn't too weird, your friend gave me your number.'
'It's okay, she is always doing stuff like this.'
'Since you seem okay with this, I was wondering if you would like to maybe get something to eat sometime?'
'Yeah sure, how about tomorrow at my lunch break. It's 12:30.'
'See you then.'
I looked up and winked at him from across the cafe. Then I went back to cleaning the machine and plotting what to do to Rosey.
~The Next Day~
Before I knew it, it was time for my lunch break. I hung up my (your fav color) apron on the hook and clock out for lunch. Right on time, Klaus walks in looking a bit nervous.
"Ready to go?" I asked walking up to him.
"Yeah, where are we going exactly?" He questioned as we walked out the door.
"The place I eat almost every day. It's a little place on the corner of 3rd and C st. It's called Sunny's Diner." I respond looking over at them.
"Oh, cool."
When we get there, we order, get our food, then sit on the curb.
Putting my food down next to me I turn to talk to him. "So Klaus, I am interested in you, so you should probably know something now rather than later," I stated.
"And what is that?"
"Well, um, I am transgender. I was assigned female at birth and It didn't fit who I really was, so-" I stated before Klaus cut me off.
"I am a guy in a skirt, with eyeliner on, and a pink boa. Do I really look like the type of person you need to explain this to?" They asked, chuckling a bit.
"No, I guess not, but still, if this is a problem for you then you should probably tell me," I said, biting my lip a bit.
"Trust me, it's no problem." He started before going back to his food.
I turned away, a bit taken aback by his abrupt acceptance.
"What's your favorite color?" He asked, obviously trying to lighten the mood.
"Oh, um (Your fav color)," I said, relaxing again.
"I like pink, but like, neon green is cool too, but black goes with everything, so I guess I don't have one." He said, almost as if he was a child.
We continued to talk throughout lunch. Once we finished lunch, they walked me back to the coffee shop. We stopped right outside the door and finished our conversion.
"We should do this again," I said smiling.
"Definitely, how about Saturday?" He suggested.
"Perfect," I responded, then kissed him on the cheek and walked inside. I turned around and waved, then went into the back.
(Klaus' POV)
"Thanks for the help, Ben," I said looking over to where he was standing.
"No problem." He responded and fell into step next to me as we walked down the street.

___________________________

A/n: This was written for @imadeadboi. I hope you enjoyed it! This is the very first fic in my new book and I'm excited that it was a request!