Tim McGee x Ftm!reader

A/n: Written for @Spectakylar.

(Y/n's POV)I was sitting at my desk when Gibbs walked into the Bullpen and announced we had a new case. Tony, MeGee, Ziva and, and I all grabbed our go bags and followed Gibbs down to the car bays.

Gibs got his own car, Tony and Ziva got the second, and McGee and I were assigned the third vehicle. We were told to drive to a Shipping dock a few miles out of town.
"What do you think it is?" I asked McGee once we had our directions.
"A murder." He said, only half-joking.
"Really? Do you think?" I asked with mock enthusiasm.
"I really do."
"But seriously, do you think it's a drowning? Gunshot?" I asked.
"You and I both know that it could be anything," McGee said, and he was right, you never know with this job.
When we arrived on scene, it turned out to be heat exhaustion. Not a very exciting cause of death, but then again, I wasn't a medical examiner. The way he dies however was the part that interested us. He was enclosed in a wooden shipping container. The only reason they found him was because he started to decompose and smell.
He was stacked three rows deep under five other crates. Half of the crates were empty, the rest had illegal weapons in them.
McGee and I were tasked with finding out where the container carrying all the boxes was from, and where it was going. Also which ship the poor private originated from. Tony and Ziva were tasked with finding out who the guns were being shipped to.
We drove back to the base and quickly got to work. After a few hours, we found out that the container had originated in Brazil and was destined for Florida. This opened up a whole host of new questions. Where in Florida? Why Florida? How did the container miss the mark so badly?
I also found out that our Private, named Harley Jacobson was from the USS George Washington. More interesting was the fact that the George Washington had recently left Mayport. The ship was docked there three days because of repairs and crew changes.
"Why was Jacobson not reported missing?" Gibes questioned McGee and I.
"The ship received a new crew at the base sir, so it is likely that Jacobson was part of the old crew who was departing," I explained.
"Okay, (Y/l/n), McGee, with me," Gibbs said as he started to walk away.
"Where are we going?" McGee asked as we grabbed our things.
"Investigate that ship." He called before entering the elevator.
"Of course he takes the two with motion sickness," I grumbled under my breath to McGee.
Once we arrived on the ship we were assigned to question crewmates, if any were left, and investigate Jacobson's old bunk.
The Bunk was useless because a new crew member had already been sleeping in it for over a week. Next, we questioned the five remaining crew members who said they remembered Harley.
Three weren't useful, one only ever said hi to him at breakfast, but the fifth was interesting. He seemed too calm. He tried to light up a smoke during the interview. However, he wouldn't give up anything useful but we knew he was hiding something. He seemed casual but his hand trembled when he tried to light the cigarette. We asked if he was staying on the ship for a while and he replied that he was, but was due to rotate out in a month.
Gibs, McGee, and I reconvened on the dry dock after our interviews.
"Anything interesting?" Gibs asked.
"Only one Private looks suspicious. He acted calm, but was extremely shaky." McGee commented.
"Okay." Was all Gibs said before returning to his car. McGee and I did the same.
Back at the lab, Abby identified a tranquilizer in the bloodstream of our victim. It was Ketamine, and a lot of it too. So much was present it looked as though our vic died while still unconscious. Not the worst way to go. It seemed as though the Ketamine was mixed with a drink because no pills were found in the stomach. Also based on how fast the tranquilizer seemed to disperse throughout the body.
It was back to the Ship for McGee and me. We called in our shaky Privet once more.
"We found Ketamine in your buddy Herley's system. Care to explain?" McGee asked sternly.
"Ketamine? Like the horse tranquilizer? No idea buddy." He replied.
"Okay 'buddy', cut the crap. We both know you dosed your friend with the stuff. All we want to know is why you then killed him." I said, trying to suppress my anger.
"Whoa there, you better get your girlfriend under control." The Private said.
"His name is Detective (Y/l/n)." McGee said with a quiet rage behind his words. It was strange. I had never come out to anyone aside from Gibs, and I knew he would never out me. So why was McGee so angered by that?
I brushed it off and returned to the interrogation.
"We know you dosed your friend. You are shaking more than a leaf in a hurricane so why don't you just spill your guts." I said harshly.
Finally the Private seemed to crack.
"Fine! I gave him the tranquilizer, but it was just supposed to be a harmless prank! We were gonna strip him then tape him to the wall in the mess." He admitted.
"Lovely," McGee commented. "So what happened?"
"Well, my job was to give him the tranqus, and the captain and the first mate were supposed to tape him up." He said. Great, now we have two more suspects.
We began with the first mate who seemed to be expressing all the right emotions. He seemed genuinely shaken up.
The captain on the other hand seemed a bit too jumpy. We also noticed a small tear on his uniform sleeve.
I left the room to call Abby for a moment.
"Hey Abby, did you happen to find a small piece of white fabric on any of the boxes in the container?"
"Yeah actually, I found one about twenty minutes ago, it looks like-"
"Like a captain's uniform?" I cut in.
"Yes, exactly." She responded.
"Thank you, Abby!" I said and returned to the room.
"So, are you Going to tell us why we found a piece of your uniform on one of the boxes in the container?" I asked.
Suddenly the captain stood up and backed away. He pulled his knife from its holster and held it out toward us.
"I-I didn't want to kill him but he found out my secret. He found out that I was cheating on my wife with one of the female privates. He was going to tell her because they went to school together. I had to do something! So I used his birthday as an excuse to play a prank on him. Once he was drugged up I carried him out into a container, the first one I found, and put him in a box. That way my wife would never know." He shouted.
"Okay captain. Thank you for telling us that." I said, getting up slowly as not to antagonize him.
"Give me the knife," I said approaching him slowly.
He seemed calm, but in the last second, he lunged forward and stabbed me in the chest. McGee tackled him and handcuffed him. Then he quickly rushed over to me. I had fallen against a wall and slid down, pressing my hand to the hole in my chest. I could barely talk and was going into shock. McGee unbuttoned my shirt to get a better look, saying 'come on (Y/n) stay with me Please!' When he opened my shirt he found my binder underneath.
He started at it quizzically then started to take it off. I feebly grabbed his wrist to stop him as I blacked out.
When I came to, I was in a hospital bed. McGee was sitting in a chair reading an out of date magazine and Gibs was pacing outside.
"Tim?" I questioned in a hoarse voice. His head shot up and he came to my side.
"Oh thank god you are awake." He said. "You have been out for three days. The lack of oxygen really did a number on you." He explained.
"So I suppose you know now," I said.
"Know what- oh that. Yeah, I do. It's fine though before you ask. You are still my partner." He said a bit sheepishly. "Um, I was wondering if I could ask you something actually. Near-death experiences bring out certain emotions and I wanted to tell you this in case I don't get the chance again."
"What is it, McGee?"
"Well... I have feelings for you. It is fine if you don't feel the same, but I just needed to tell you." He explained.
So that explains why he stood up for me earlier.
"Then that is convenient because I also have feelings for you," I said with a small smile.
"If you two are done confessing your love, I would like a turn to check up on you," Gibbs said from behind McGee.
We both looked away from each other a bit embarrassed but relieved that our feelings were out in the open.

————————————————————
A/n: #10! Hope ya'll enjoyed it, especially since it is more or less a real chapter.