Connor x Ftm!reader (Detroit: Become Human)

A/n: This was written for . I hope you like it! (Sorry that I kind of strayed from your idea)

(Y/n's POV)

I was crouching next to Connor and waiting for his signal. The mission was simple, free the six hostages, all androids, from the bunker. Though the goal was simple, the execution was much more difficult. There were at least 8 guards and up to 12 at any given time. There was only one way in and out of the bunker, and we only had ten minutes to do this before backup arrived.

The reason we were here was, a rogue group of humans had decided to kidnap six high-ranking androids. This would never have happened if their boss had listened to Connor and me and been more careful, but here we are.

The only sound that could be heard was the footfalls of one of the guards in the fresh snow. I began to get nervous and shake slightly. Connor glanced at me then held out his hand. I took it gently. The worst part about being work partners was that we were also romantic partners. Whenever Connor got shot It was very difficult to focus on what I was doing. I always know he is going to be more or less alright, but it is just my instinct to take care of him. The problem with me getting distracted is that I am not as lucky as Connor, if I get shot, I don't get a second chance. You see, I am human.

Connor squeezed my hand and I pulled myself back to reality. He looked at me and I nodded, then he tapped his nose and we both stood up and bolted to the door. Connor fought off the two guards as I got the door open.

Once we were inside the building I drew my weapon and walked ahead cautiously, but swiftly. We soon came across three more guards. I shot one point-blank in the head, and Connor dealt with the others as I yet again picked the door's lock.

Soon enough we came upon the third and final door. This one had a keypad which would slow us down significantly.

I pried off the cover and started fucking with the wired trying to cross the right ones. I heard the click of the door opening but suddenly there was a white-hot pain in my leg. I grabbed the door handle and fell into the room.

I could hear Connor struggling to fight off the guard who had shot me. Then there was a single gunshot and Connor appeared at my side.

"Where were you shot?" He asked immediately.

"Thigh, my right thigh." I start to blackout. "Connor, the hostages, get them out of here, I can handle this."

Then I blacked out.

When I awoke I was tied to a chair in the room the hostages were in.

"God damn it!" I shouted.

"Oh, so he's awake!" Said a voice from my left.

A man, still dressed in his guard armor stepped into view. He smiled and walked forward.

"So! A human working with an android to help other androids, how strange." I looked up at the man and said nothing. "How does it feel to know your little friend left you behind?"

At this I spit on his shoe.

"Connor did not leave me behind, he'll be back, just you wait."

"Well, you have been here three hours and we have done more for you than that little android. I mean, we kept you from bleeding out."

I glanced at my leg to see a bandage wrapped around it.

All I could do was smile and stare at him.

"So, you are going to tell me where I can find your little friend and all his buddies."

"And why should I do that?"

It was his turn to smile as he dug his fingers into my wound. I screamed and almost threw up.

"I think you understand why you should tell me. But if you must know, we have to take care of your police force friends. that is so we can go about our business without... interruptions."

"Well, I told you, you will be seeing him soon."

For what felt like hours, the man tortured me and asked me the same question over and over again. I would give him the same answer of "You will be seeing him soon." And I was right.

The man was letting me "rest" between waterboarding me when the door swung open to reveal Connor and Hank.

I watched the guards try and fight the two of them off, but they were obviously no match for Connor. Then my head was pulled up and I felt the cold muzzle of a gun press against my temple.

I took in a sharp breath and stared at Connor with fear in my eyes. Connor smiled and I was confused until I heard a snap from behind me. The gun fell away from my head and it sounded like the man collapsed. I looked over my shoulder to see Hank. I had completely forgotten that he was even there.

He started to until my hands, and Connor came over and did the same for my legs. When I was finally free, I shakily stood up and fell into Connor's arms. He held me close as I tried to regulate my breathing.

"I swear, I didn't tell them anything! He kept trying to get me to tell him where you were but I didn't say anything." I nearly sobbed

"I know, I know." He kept cooing.

Finally, I was able to hobble outside, and the two of them called an ambulance for me. Connor agreed to go with me to make sure I was okay.

After the doctors had pulled out the bullet and stitch me up, Connor and I were alone in the hospital room.

"What took you so long to get there?" I asked.

"Had to go back and get Hank, plus we had to make a plan, we wanted you alive."

I smiled and held out my hand as he had before.

His lip curved into a smile and he took my hand and sat down next to me on a chair.

____________________

A/n: Hope you all enjoyed it! See you next time!