New Year's Eve (Sheldon Cooper x Ftm!reader)

A/n: This was written for @Spectakylar, hope you enjoy it!

(Y/n's POV)

I took a deep breath as I walked into the laboratory. I was about to meet four men who both simultaneously scared me, but also earned my respect, a high praise from me. I had been a student at Caltech for three years now. Only recently declared my major in Theoretical Physics. Since declaring my major I had received an A+ in every class I took on the subject. I may be a genius, but English is fucken hard. Anyway, back to meeting Sheldon Cooper, Leonard Hofstadter, Howard Wolowitz and Raj Koothrappali.

I stood in front of the door to the lab and took a deep breath. This was a moment I had never dreamed would ever happen. My parents always said that I should get married and settle down. Also that I should give up silly dreams of becoming anything more than a homemaker. Well, as you can tell, I ignored them and now I'm here, just about to meet my heroes.

As I was about to walk in, the door swung open and hit me right in the nose. Not enough to break it, but enough to stun me for a moment.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" A voice said from in front of me. I put my hand on my nose and looked up. As my eyes focused I saw Leonard Hofstadter, of course I had to have one of my heroes smack me in the face.

"It's okay, no harm done." I said with an awkward smile.

"What do you mean no harm? I just slapped you in the face with a door." He insisted, still a bit embarrassed.

"I mean, it's not broken." I said and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Well, I am Leonard." He said trying to break the ice.

"Leonard! What is taking you so long?" Another voice called from inside the lab. I jumped out of the way barely missing the door again as it was swung wide open to reveal another short man. This one I recognized as Howard Wolowitz, he was shorter than I thought he would be.

"Well, I smacked this guy in the face with the door so I was making sure he was okay." Leonard replied.

"Of course you would be the one to do that." Howard replied, rolling his eyes. "Can you go grab the new roll of paper towels please? Sheldon is still freaking out that Raj spilled his drink on the lab table."

"Yeah, I'll be right back." Leonard said hurrying off down the hallway.

Howard then turned to me with a kinder look and began to talk.

"Sorry about Leonard, we don't get many guests so we tend to be careless about opening the door. So, how can I help you?" He said.

"Well, I am (Y/n)(Y/l/n) and I am here to study with Sheldon Cooper, Leonard Hofstadter, Howard Wolowitz and Raj Koothrappali.  I am also here to write my thesis so I can graduate next year." I said looking down at the ground as per usual.

"Oh of course! Come in, come in." He offered opening the door so I could come in.

I walked in to see Raj and Sheldon arguing as a pool of what I hope is coffee drips off a lab table and onto the floor.

"Ahem!" Howard clears his throat to get the attention of the two arguing men.

Raj turns around immediately once he notices me but Sheldon continued to stare at the coffee.

"This is (Y/n)." Howard introduces.

"Oh (Y/n) of course! How do you do?" Raj asked with a smile.

"Ah, good, pretty good." I stated just as Leonard came back into the room with a roll of paper towels.

He handed the towels to Raj who began to clean up the coffee. Only then did Sheldon acknowledge me.