Billie Joe Armstrong x male!reader

(Billie Joe's POV)

I walked into the recording studio followed by Mike and Tré. I went and pulled my favorite mic stand out of the storage closet only to find a letter taped to the stand.

"Hey, Mike, Tré, did one of you put this here?" They both looked up and shook their heads.

"Open it, Billie!" Tré said, obviously intrigued.

I pulled the note off the stands and flipped it open to read the contents.

"Dear Billie Joe,

I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me this Valentine's day. I made a reservation at 'Skates On The Bay' for us, but there is a catch, you have to figure out who I am. I will leave you a clue every day, and you have now 13 days to figure it out.

Good luck Billie Joe,

Your secret admirer."

I looked up from the note puzzled and didn't have time to react as Tré pulled the note out of my hand.

"Hey! Give that back." I said reaching for the letter but the damage was done. Tré had read the letter out loud to the entire studio. I mean it was only me, him, Mike, and our manager (Y/n) but it was still embarrassing.

"Who do you think wrote it?" Mike asked, turning to look at me.

"I have no idea, this would be a lot easier if I did."

"Hey, what is the hold-up?" (Y/n) asked knocking on the glass. "We only have two hours to record this, before we have to drop another grand, come on."

"Well, he's right, let's talk about this later," Mike said.

"Let's not talk about it later," I said turning to the Mic.

"Oh no, we will be," Tré said as we began the secession.

Once we had finished recording Sassafras Roots we didn't have enough time to record a new song, so we practiced F.O.D.

"So, do you think a fangirl wrote it?" Tré asked as we put our stuff away.

"I mean maybe, but how would one have gotten in here? Let alone know that I would find the note on that specific mic." I wondered as we walked out to meet with our manager.

"Hey? Was it one of you?" I exclaimed, turning to Mic and Tré.

"You already asked us, Billie," Mike said.

"I know, but I don't really trust either of you to not lie," I said.

"Okay, so it is true, we are known to fuck with you, but do you think we would do something like this- Okay yeah, maybe we would," Mike said.

"But we didn't this time Billie, I swear on my mother that we didn't." Tré said drawing an 'X' over his heart with his finger.

"Fine, I suppose you're right, I just have no idea, anyway."

"Okay boys, we have three more recording sessions to record five more songs. You guys are going to have to hurry up a bit okay?" (Y/n) said while leaning against the soundboard. "After that, we can do all the touch-ups we want, but we really need those songs to be recorded. Understand?" He asked with one eyebrow raised.

'Could it be him?' I thought to myself. 'No, he has only had girlfriends, he can't be gay. But he doesn't have to be gay, he can be bi. But he doesn't seem bi. Maybe...'

I was pulled out of my thoughts suddenly.

"There you are Billie Joe. Do you think you can write one more song for the album? We have some extra space and would hate for it to go to waste." (Y/n) asked.