Malcolm Reed x Male!reader

(Malcolm's POV)

"We are getting a new crew member today." The captain explained to Trip, Hoshi, T'Pol, and me. "He is going to be Dr. Phlox's new assistant and I want you all to behave yourselves." He explained. I had to refrain from rolling my eyes. We never need to behave ourselves. I mean he was the one that always behaved poorly.

"...His name is (Y/n) (Y/l/n)," Archer explained.

I came back to the conversation immediately. (Y/n)? It can't be him, can it?

There was a knock at the door and Dr. Phlox entered.

"Everyone say hello to (Y/n)."

I watched as he entered the room. I couldn't believe my eyes. Why hadn't he told me? Just then he made eye contact with me and smiled wider than he had ever before.

Everyone made their introductions then quickly cleared out of the small briefing room. All except me and (Y/n).

"Why didn't you tell me you were transferring?"

"I wanted to surprise my boyfriend. Am I not allowed to do that?"

"You are, you definitely are but this is just a big surprise."

"Hey, just shut up and give me a kiss."

I leaned forward and connected our lips. I had missed my boyfriend dearly. It was nice to taste his lips again.

When we pulled back he enveloped me in a hug. I missed absolutely everything about him. Especially his spontaneity.

"So, where is your room?"

He chuckled a little bit and kissed my neck. "I may have asked the captain to place us in the same room, and he agreed. So I guess, hello roommate."

I rolled my eyes but smiled and put my forehead against his.

"Seriously, I'm glad you transferred."

He smiled then took my hand and headed toward the door.

"Show me where your room is."

I did as he asked me and showed him to our new shared room. His three suitcases were waiting for us already.

He laid on the bed and looked over at me.

"Come here! Let's cuddle before dinner time."

I sighed and agreed, laying on the bed next to him.

"Let's relish this because I doubt we will be able to do this again for a while." He said, pulling me close.

I agreed and buried my face in his chest.

About an hour later, I was awoken by an alarm. I had fallen asleep in (Y/n)'s arms.

"Sorry that woke you, it's just that it's time for dinner." He apologized and kissed my forehead.

We both got up and made our way to the mess hall.

"Hey Malcolm, how come you are spending so much time with the new guy?" Trip asked as I sat down.

"Yeah, come to think of it, you are spending a lot of time with him," Hoshi said.

"If you must know..." I took a deep breath as (Y/n) sat next to me. "He is my boyfriend."

(Y/n) looked over at me and raised his eyebrow in surprise. I could tell he was confused about why I had not come out to my friends before.

"Malcolm. Why didn't you tell us you had a boyfriend before?" Hoshi asked.

"I would have stopped trying to set you up with women had I known you were both gay and with someone." Trip said before going back to his dinner.

(Y/n) Talked with Hoshi and Trip for nearly two hours. Thankfully they hit it off, I was worried he wouldn't get along with my friends. Not because I thought he wouldn't, mostly it was just a fleeting worry.

As we left the mess hall (Y/n) could not stop talking about how nice my friends were. Also how he hoped they liked him as much as he liked them. Once we got back to our room we got changed and got into bed. I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Thank you for the surprise," I said quietly.

"I knew you would come around." He whispered and kissed me again.

————————————————————
A/n: #13! Another short one but I promise tomorrow's I gonna be fairly long, and pretty good! thank you for understanding! See you all tomorrow!