John Lennon x Ftm!reader

(John's POV)

I jumped as the alarm clock woke me out of a deep, dreamless sleep. I stumbled out of bed and went to go get ready.

As soon as I was finished I went downstairs to eat some breakfast. I went to the front door, grabbed the paper, and went to read it at the table.

I flipped through the sales and realized that the music shop was having a sale on the exact type of strings I needed. Yesterday one of my strings broke and I didn't have a replacement. So I suppose that I should get some half-price strings today.

I finish my breakfast and get dressed to go out to the store.

Finally, half-price I am on my way to the store. Of course, it had to rain today, typical England weather, clear until you need to do something.

I pulled up to the store, parked, and went inside. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, but maybe the rain deterred some people.

I wander over to the guitar string section looking for what I want, but I can't seem to find it.

"Hello! Can I help you with anything?" A voice to my left asks.

Without looking up I ask about the strings I need.

"Okay! Right this way, we are keeping them in a special display because they are on sale." The voice says and starts to walk away.

I finally look up and follow them down the aisle to the display in the window.

"How many would you like?" He asks and turns to look at me.

As soon as he turns around I am caught off guard. I recognize him, but I'm not sure from where. Obviously, he feels the same because his eyes are searching my face in confusion. Suddenly I can see the name connect with my face, but he quickly turns away and grabs a pack of strings. He hands them to me, almost without looking.

"Did you only need one pack?" He asked as he started to fix the display that didn't need fixing.

"Actually, two please," I say, a confused look on my face.

He nods and hands me a second pack. Then from across the store, a woman's voice starts to yell

"(Y/n)! Come, man, the register while Layla takes her break."

The man walks past me without looking and heads towards the voice.

"Coming Mrs. Rodgers." He says, and I can see him take his place behind the counter.

I look around for a bit longer mulling the interaction over in my mind. I still can't figure out where I know him from. He obviously knows me, so at least that's something. I would ask him but I'm afraid that he would start crying or something. His reaction was strange, wasn't it? I don't know, I'll ask the others later today I suppose.

I walked up to the register and placed the strings and a cassette tape of Elvis's greatest hits on the counter. I can never pass up a good Elvis mixtape.

The whole time he checked me out he never looked up. He never made conversation, and the only thing he said was my total and 'have a good day sir.'

I walked out to my car and started to drive to the studio.

I walked into the studio about five minutes late. Eppy was about to chastise me but I held up the guitar strings and he rolled his eyes but ushered me inside.

"Hey, where have you been?" Paul asked as he looked up from tuning his instrument.

"Needed a new set of strings and the store had a sale," I replied, fetching my guitar.