Fox Mulder x Male!reader

(Y/n's POV)
I was sitting in my office staring at my computer screen. Another case for Mulder had just come down the grape vine. I was excited to see my boyfriend, but also not excited for the first ensuing weeks.
I had to be prepared for him to be away investigating the cities where the case originated. When he is home though he's poring over documents and evidence. It is exhausting to say the least but at least he lets me help.
"May I come in?" Came the familiar voice.
"Of course." I said with a smile. "It is almost printed, just a moment darling."
"What do you think it is?" He asked a bit too excited.
"Probably just another alien sighting, nothing too interesting." I admitted.
I picked up the freshly printed case and handed it to him.
"Thank you!" He said with a wink.
"I'm guessing diner is canceled then?" I said with a small smile.
"Yeah, sorry darling, I have to go check this out." He said with a nod as he left.
I went back to staring at my screen and filling out paperwork.

That night I got home and fed the dog as usual. The house was quiet but I was more or less used to it. I decided to read and go to bed early.
I was awoken to the sound of the front door opening. I grabbed the baseball bat I kept under the bed just for occasions like this. I slowly snuck down the stairs but I could not tell where the intruder had gone. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw the light from the fridge illuminate the kitchen slightly.
Walking silently into the kitchen I flipped on the light to see my boyfriend Mulder.
"Oh my god I almost killed you Fox!" I scolded as I put my hand to my chest.
He was eating the rest of what I had made for dinner. His face had a goofy, apologetic smile in his face. I couldn't be too mad at him.
"I thought you were supposed to be out of town for at least three more days."
I said as I got myself a glass of water.
"Scully said she could handle this one on her own, so I  ame back." He said closing the door.
"You are really, really bad at lying." I said with a chuckle. "Why are you really here?"
"Well, I am here because I felt bad for canceling dinner for the forth time. I decided to try and make it up to you. I'll make breakfast for you tomorrow, and we can have a day all to ourselves."
I looked over at him and smiled really wide. I walked over and hugged him close to me.
"That is really sweet, but you didn't have to leave your case just for this." I said pulling back from him.
"It's okay, it was a false sighting anyway so not my jurisdiction."
He said with a disappointed smile.
"Well, let's go to bed so we won't be tired tomorrow."
We both walked up to bed and got ready for bed.

The next morning Fox got up before me and made us both a beautiful breakfast. After we ate Fox suggested a movie Marathon and I agreed. He made snacks and we cuddled up to marathon our favorite movie series.
After a few hours I fell asleep on Mulder's shoulder. He carried me up to bed and we fell asleep together for the rest of the afternoon. It was truly a wonderful day to spend with Mulder.

————————————————————
A/n: #9! Sorry for another short chapter but I hope you enjoyed it anyway!