Horacio Caine x Ftm!reader

A/n: Bit of transphobia/homophobia and swearing.

(Y/n's POV)

"Get off my porch!" My mother screamed as she threw everything she could at me. "Never come back!" She called as I ran down the street.

I found a small alley and ran down it. I hid behind some garbage cans and tried to catch my breath.

As you could probably tell, I came out to my mother and it didn't go well, to say the least. I was an adult, and it's not like I lived with her anymore, but she still scared the hell out of me. I had never seen her this angry, not even when I broke my brother's nose. I suppose it was foolish to come out to her at this age. I was thirty-nine after all. I was just trying to rekindle our already broken relationship. I guess you are wondering what I am talking about, so let me start from the beginning.

Hello, my name is (Y/n) (Y/l/n), and I am thirty-nine years old. I have a long-time partner named Horacio Caine who I am thinking about proposing to soon. Exciting, I know. Let's start with the first time I came out to my mother. I was nineteen and I told her I was (Your sexuality.) She did not take that well to say the least, and she kicked me out. So I got an apartment and finished college with the help of every scholarship and student loan I could get. I got a bachelor's degree in crime scene technology and a minor in criminology. That is how I got a job at CSI stationed in Miami. Then later on I realized I was trans, about the age of twenty-five. I know, kind of late but I never had the luxury to think about personal things like that. Around age thirty I reached out to my mother again. Not the most receptive response I ever received. I mean, I didn't receive a response so, you know. After that, I tried to forget about her, hard to do when she is my only family. I did mention I have a brother, he's dead now though. I went another decade without thinking about her. That was until I met Horacio. He was transferred here from New York. I was assigned to be his partner and our relationship blossomed quickly. He didn't care that I was trans or anything, and it was nice. He was the first person in my life to actually care and let me tell you, I am still getting used to it. Even though we have been together for five years now.

So recently I started trying to reach out to my mother again because I wanted her at the wedding. This time she actually seemed receptive. She wrote back to me and told me she was happy that I finally met a man. She never called which should have been a red flag but hey, I figured she was old-fashioned. Eventually, she agreed to let me come over and talk to her. So I went over to her house and as you can tell it didn't go well. I think she thought I hadn't transitioned and was still presenting as female. So it was a shock when I showed and was presenting as very masculine. I should have warned her, or hell, I should have left it the fuck alone. Anyway, now you know how I got in this position.

Once I caught my breath I stood up and started walking. I had no idea where I was going other than I thought it was vaguely towards home. I didn't want to call Horacio, I just wanted to be alone for a little while. That was until an evening storm hit. It started to pour buckets so I figured I should call H.

"Hello, Horacio speaking." I heard from the other end. My voice caught in my throat and instead, I just started to cry.

"Oh God, (Y/n)! Is that you? Where are you?" His panicked voice came from the other side of the phone.

"She told me to never come back." Was all I could get out.

"Oh (Y/n) darling, I am so sorry. Where are you? I'll come to get you."

"The corner of Morris and Hamilton," I said quietly. "Bring a towel please," I said staring down the street as I leaned against a tree.

"I will." He said. I heard rustling on the other end and the jingle of keys. "I should have come with you." He said.

"It would have been worse, overwhelmed her even more." I pointed out.

"I guess you're right."

"H?"

"Yeah?" He said the rustling on the other end-stopped.

"Do you love me?" I said staring into a street lamp.

"What are you talking about? Why wouldn't I?" He asked, a small huff of disbelief came from the other end.

"Can you just say it, please?"

"Of course. I love you (Y/n) (Y/l/n), ever since the first time you kissed me I have loved you."

"Good, because you are my only family now," I said, scuffing my shoe on the ground.

"I will always be there for you darling, lover or not." He said, the engine of the car roaring to life in the background "I will be there in ten minutes."

"H, thank you so much."

Sure enough, ten minutes later the familiar hummer pulled into view. It pulled up next to me, the street lamp hardly visible over the car.

Horacio jumped out and rushed over to me holding two towels. He threw one around me and put his hand on my face.

"You are soaked! How long have you been out here?"

"I don't know," I whispered. I stared into his blue eyes and utterly fell apart again. I buried my head in the crook of his neck. He placed his hand on the back of my head and rubbed my back with the other.

Once I pulled myself together enough I told him what happened. He listened and once I was finished he helped me into the hummer. I felt a tinge of guilt because now Horacio was soaking wet, and shivering.

We drove home in silence. Once we were home we hurried inside. We both walked back to our bedroom and changed out of our wet cloth and climbed into bed. I laid my head on his chest and he kissed my forehead.

"Horacio?" I said, propping myself up to look at him.

"Yes?"

"Will you marry me? I know this isn't the most romantic time to ask, but I have to know."

One of his small smiles spread across his lips. He pulled me in and kissed me lovingly.

"Of course I will." He said.

___________________________
A/n: #16! Hope you liked it! See you all tomorrow.