Spock x Ftm!reader pt.2

A/n: I hope you like it  @CoryFallon

(Y/n's POV)

I was "discharged" by Bones a few hours ago and allowed to go back to Spock and I's room. Bones, Jim, and Spock all teamed up and said I couldn't go back to work for at least three days. I was secretly happy not to have to go into the lab. Whatever was in that antidote really sucked out all my energy. I was happy to just nap all day.

Quickly I figured out this was not going to be a very restful three days. I can kiss those naps goodbye for sure. On the first day, when we got back to our room I realized my binder had been on way too long. When I took it off there was a line of small green bruises around my rib cage. Excellent. Not only could I not put my binder back on until they healed, sleeping on my side was out of the question. That's not too bad, I can still read or something. Then Spock had to go and tell me this:

"Dr. McCoy is going to be coming by every day until you are well enough to go back to work."

"But why? He already discharged me, I'm fine!" I insisted as I sat down at the kitchen table.

"He is doing it on my request. I want him to make sure there are no long-term repercussions." He explained as he replicated some food.

"Spock honey, I'm fine," I said.

"I know. I just wish to make sure you stay fine."

At this, I kind of smiled. Spock hardly showed affection, I mean, it is an emotion of sorts. So this was sweet of him, he was showing he cared for me. I was still pissed though. I did NOT need our head doctor checking in on me every day.

I tried to think of a comeback but he had a point. At that, I gave in and ate my dinner.

After dinner, Spock went to go meditate and I climbed into bed and decided to lay on my back. It was still a bit uncomfortable but nothing I couldn't handle.

When Spock finally came to bed I insisted he holds my hand since I couldn't lay my head on his chest. He didn't argue too much.

When I woke up, however, we were not holding hands. My arm was draped across his face, but he was still asleep so it was okay. A few minutes later he got up to get ready to go to work. I also got up too and decided to doodle for a bit. Spock kissed me goodbye and was out the door.

An hour or so later I was pulled out of my fixation by the doors of our room swinging open.

"Hello, Bones. Before you ask, I am fine, now you can leave." I say without looking up.

"I still need to examine you, we both know that." He said coming to stand next to me.

"Fine."

I stood up and rolled my eyes. Bones and I were good friends, but I was married to his archenemy so we didn't always see eye to eye.

He checked my heart, looked at my tonsils, checked my eyes, etc.

"Lastly I'm going to massage your ribs gently to make sure none are broken, then I'm done." He said packing away all his little tools of torture. Well, that's an exaggeration but my point still stands. He begins rubbing my side then I flinch as he hits my bruises.

Just my luck.

"(Y/n), lift up your shirt please." He asked, a bit concerned.

I did as I was old and revealed the thin bruises.

"I don't remember seeing any bruises yesterday during the preliminary exam." He said, pulling out a scanner of some sort.

"They are from my binder Bones," I replied with a sigh.

"Ah, well, I'll heal them because it seems no bones are broken. But don't wear it that long again!" He scolded.

"You do realize it's probably from being tied up with vines not for wearing it for too long right?" I ask, a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

He grumbled something about me having a point then left. I went back to drawing for a little while, then decided to take that long-awaited nap. Just as I was laying down Jim came in.

"Spock said you were well enough for visitors so I came up to see you!" He said and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Nice to see you, Jim," I said with a small smile.

"So what was it like? Did it hurt? Were you scared?" He asked like a small child.

"It didn't really hurt per se, I just felt sick and got progressively more sick and weak. And yes Jim, I was terrified."

"So how did it happen?"

I recanted the entire story from start to end and he hung on to my every word. It was nice to tell a story to Jim because he was a very active listener. But it was never good to tell a long joke to Jim because he was a VERY active listener.

Once I finished a call came over his com from Uhura and he had to leave. I was finally able to get some sleep.

I was awoken by the woosh of the doors and looked up to see Spock. I was very relieved it was him and not another guest. I longed for a calm moment.

I stood up and hugged him. I kind of rested on his chest and he didn't know what to do so he patted me on the head. I laughed and went to replicate dinner for tonight.

When I sat down I told him all about the people that came to visit and he told me about our short run-in with some Klingons.

After dinner and meditation, I insisted on him laying his head on my chest. I wanted to cuddle him for a change. He agreed rather quickly, and we fell asleep quite fast.

On the third day, I woke up to find Spock still in bed. I shook him awake thinking he had overslept.

"Spock, I think you slept through your alarm," I said when he was semi-conscious.

"No, (Y/n), I didn't. Today is one of my recreation days." He reminded me.

"Ah, you're right, sorry darling," I replied and laid back down.

I tried to go back to sleep, but when I couldn't do it I got up and made us breakfast. The slightly annoyed Spock got up as well.

We had a quiet breakfast then talked about what we were going to do with our day off.

"We should watch a movie!" I suggested. "How about (Your fav movie)?" You asked.

"Yes. If you would like to do that then we will." He replied.

I was excited and we climbed into bed to watch the movie.

Halfway through Bones came in and did my routine checkup. I was irritated that he interrupted the movie but I complied. When he finished I climbed back into bed and told Spock that I think I was well enough to go back to work tomorrow. He seemed pleased, though he would never admit it.

After we finished the movie we watched our, well my favorite show. Then we went through our normal nightly routine. I kissed him goodnight and he surprised me.

"I'm glad you are healthy. I love you." He said.

Then he laid down to go to sleep. I was so taken by surprise that I almost forgot to say goodnight back.

Now it was not fun to be almost killed by some poisonous vines, but it was fun to spend time with my husband and friends. It had been a while since the last time I got to do that.

___________________________
A/n: #22! Hope you enjoyed a kind of fluffy Spock!