Sixth day of Christmas (Brian May x ftm!reader)

(Brian's POV)

I knocked on the door then gave a small smile to (Y/n) next to me. We were going to another one of Freddie's parties. It was supposed to be an intimate dinner party, but we both knew what that meant. It meant an extravagant party where dinner was served. I could hear the loud music from inside the mansion, it's never good when the music is blasting before nine pm.

"Are you nervous?" I asked (Y/n) because he seemed tense.

"Are you kidding? Of course, I'm bloody nervous." He responded, grabbing my arm in fear.

"I'm sure it'll be fine," I said trying to comfort him.

"But it'll be the first time they have really seen me as a man."

"Darling, they have always seen you as a man."

"You know what I mean Brian, It'll be the first time since I started dressing like a man."

"And since the haircut." I reminded him.

"And since the haircut." He repeated shakily. Finally, the door swung open to reveal Freddie's huge entryway, and it was packed with people. I could feel (Y/n) take in a shaky breath next to me before we walked in. Apparently, we had gotten there just in time because we heard two loud thumps at the top of the stairs. The room got quiet and we all looked up to see Freddie, draped in a king's robe, wearing a king's crown, and holding a cane.

"Welcome everyone to my holiday dinner party, I'm glad you all could make it! I hope you enjoy the food I have provided, and I hope you drink till you can't walk any more darlings!"With that, the party broke out into cheers. (Y/n) and I both grabbed a drink off of a passing serving tray, then we were off to find Joh, Roger, and of course the host, Freddie.

"Brian I am not feeling so good, I might go find the restroom." (Y/n) said from next to me.

"Oh yeah, do you want me to go with you?" I asked.

"No, you go and mingle a little, I'll be right back." He assured me before kissing my cheek.

"Are you sure? It's not any trouble."

"I am an adult Bri, I can go to the bathroom by myself."

"Okay, I'll be in the dining room when you get back."

"Thank you, see ya in a bit." And with that, he disappeared into the sea of people. I knew he felt a little sick because of the anxiety of coming out. I felt the same way, and I'm sure Freddie did as well.

(Y/n's POV)

I way through the crowd, keeping my head low and trying not to panic when the worst possible thing happened. I ran into someone and they spilled their drink all down the front of my outfit.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed looking up to see who I had run into.

"Oh it's no problem darling, it is a bit crowded in here isn't it." A familiar voice exclaimed.

"Oh, ha, hey Freddie," I said somewhat sheepishly once I realized who I had run into.

"Forgive me darling, but I don't believe we have met." He said. Of course, he didn't recognize me, I looked completely different.

"A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Mercury, I am (Y/n) (Y/l/n)." I said losing a bit of the anxiety and choosing to mess with Freddie.

"Nice to meet you (Y/n), who did you come here with?" Freddie asked as I knew he would.

"Well, I came as Brian May's date," I responded with a smile.

"But Brian RSVPd with- Wait, (Y/n), as in (Y/b/n)?" He asked with surprise.