Seventh day of Christmas (Whizzer Brown x male!reader)

Quick key: *=Whizzer's conscious. ~=The voice in his head he argues with.

(Whizzer's POV)I was in the grocery store trying to pick out the cheapest cereal when out of the corner of my eye I noticed someone. I turned to look at them and at first, I didn't recognize him, then it hit me. It was (Y/n), an ex-lover of mine. I had no idea what to say. Do I say hello? Do I walk away and pretend I don't know him? What should I do?

"Whizzer? Is that you?" His voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah, (Y/n), how are you?" I responded, my head still swimming a bit.

"I can't believe it's you! How long has it been? Four, or five years?"

"Three years and eight months."

*Oh my god! Why the hell did I say that? I must seem so desperate.*

~Well you are desperate.~

*Shut up! He doesn't need to know that!*

"Oh well, I thought it was longer than that." (Y/n) responded looking down at the floor for a moment.

"This may be a bit direct, but would you like to go out for drinks tonight? I mean it's okay if you are busy and all."

"No, I mean yes, wait. No, I'm not busy, and yes I would like to go out for drinks with you tonight."

"Great, here is my number." He said as he scribbled his number on my hand.

"See you at Ernie's at 8:00. If that's okay with you."

"That sounds great! See you then." I responded. Then he walked off and turned the corner to go down a different aisle.

~Wow Whizzer, that was....truly sad to watch.~

*I know, I know, but shut up! I had no idea what to say to him!*

~well, 'no, I mean yes, wait' was not exactly graceful.~

*Really? I hadn't noticed that I made a fool of myself, thank you for the reminder.*

~Well, of course, that's why I'm here old friend!~

A few hours later

I was standing outside the bar staring at my phone. (Y/n) had texted me ten minutes ago that he was almost there and I was starting to worry.

*Maybe I should text him again.*

~And show him how truly desperate you are right off the bat? Sure, go right ahead.~

*Shove it, I'm not desperate! I just miss him, a lot.*

~I feel like 'a lot' is a bit of an understatement, but at least you're being honest.~Just then I say (Y/n) step out of a taxi a few yards away. I walked over to him and kind of awkwardly stood there until (Y/n) suggested we go inside.

~Smooth Fabio~

*Shut up!*

"So, what are you doing for work?" I asked (Y/n) as we found a place to sit.

"Currently I am working as a wildlife biologist just outside Utica." He responded with a bright smile.

"Oh wow, then you live really far away from work."

"Ah, no actually, I'm just back to visit my family for Hanukkah."

"Hm, That's nice. So it was really a coincidence that we met in the grocery store."

"Yeah, one that I am really glad happened."

"And why is that?"

~'And why is that?' Really!! You know why he is glad, he wants to go out with you again.~

*No, that's not true. He is just glad to catch up with an old friend.*

~Oh come on! You really can't be this stupid! Look at those eyes, they definitely say 'kiss me Whizzer'.~

*But what if they don't? You have said this before and been wrong.*

~True, but this time I am most definitely not wrong.~

*You've said that before too.*

~Fine whatever! You just have to trust me this time okay?~

"Whizzer?" (Y/n) questioned, pulling me back to reality.

"Yeah, sorry, I'm a bit preoccupied, could you repeat the question please?"

"I just asked what you have been doing lately."

"Oh you know, this and that. I just got out of a long-term relationship."

"Oh, that's too bad."

~Oh my god! Could you have said anything worse than that?~

*Shut up!*

"Yeah, but it's okay, it wasn't a great relationship, we fought a lot."

"I'm sorry to hear that Whizzer."

~The answer was yes, you could have said something worse. Bravo, I see we have a nominee for idiot of the year here.~ I shook the voice off and tried to keep concentrated on (Y/n)'s questions. After an hour or so of talking, I excused myself to the bathroom.

*Okay, so this isn't going so bad. It could be worse.*

~If by worse you mean spilling an entire glass of beer on him then yes. If you mean you could be saying worse things, then you are sorely mistaken, my friend.~

*Okay, I have had it with you tonight! Will you let me talk to (Y/n) in peace. I second guess myself and say all the wrong things when I know you are around, so leave me alone!*

~Alright, if this is how you really feel, I'll leave, but trust me, you'll regret it!~

*Oh thank god, he's finally gone!* When I returned to the table, (Y/n) had ordered us fresh glasses of beer, and still looked interested. I took that as a good sign.

We talked for another three hours or so, but then (Y/n) said he had to go or his parents would start to worry.

"I do apologize for having to leave, but my mother would file a missing person's report if I wasn't home by midnight.

"He said with a sheepish smile. "Ah yeah, that sounds like your mother."

"But you can come with me in the cab if you would like." He said as he opened the door to the cab he had called.

"That sounds wonderful." I climbed into the back of the taxi with him and we continued to talk until we arrived at his house. We both stepped out of the taxi and I walked him up to the door. I had my hands awkwardly in my pockets as I stood in front of his parent's house.

"You know, we should definitely do this again if you don't mind." He said with a small smile on his face.

"Oh no. I wouldn't mind at all!"Then, as I was about to say my goodbye, he leaned up and kissed me softly on the lips.

"Goodbye Whizzer, text me when you get home alright?"

"A-Alright." I stuttered out as I watched him walk into the house and disappear. I stood in front of the house for a moment before walking back to the taxi to go home.

~So how did it go? Did he slap you in the face? Did he call you a pig?~

*Ha, no not at all, I actually got myself another date.*

~What? How the hell did you manage that?~

*I managed it by not having you breathing down my neck all night. I think I might start telling you to go away more often.*

~What no! You can't do that! You need me!~

*No, I really don't.*

___________________________

A/n: #7! Hope you all enjoyed it. Sorry, it's a bit short but I was really tired from finals.