Morning grouch (chapter 21)

Depuis le début

As I walked into the kitchen, I saw Shawn who started preparing some banana purée for Riley and that brought a huge smile on my face.

,,Morning, Riley!" Shawn said to her and kissed the top of her head. Riley started to giggle and move her legs and arms excited.

,,You're preparing her breakfast?" I asked smiling at him.

,,Of course. For my favorite girls, anytime." He said and then picked my lips.

,,So that means you're also making me breakfast?" I said and smiled at him innocently.

,,Of course, babe." He said and the pet name he gave me brought some butterflies in my stomach.

Shawn handed me the purée and I sat on a chair with Riley in my lap and started feeding her while Shawn was preparing us breakfast. He was making an omelette and it was smelling so good.

I was starting to think he chose the wrong job for himself. He should've become a chef!

I'm joking, but not really. I'm starting to think I'm weird. My brain is literally fucked up. Is it just me or....?

,,About what are you daydreaming now?" Shawn asked and brough me back to reality.

,,About how weird I am." I said and stood up from the chair with Riley to wash the dishes she just ate from.

,,You are not weird." Shawn said and hugged me from behind.

,,I am. You just don't know what's going on in my head." I said, put the dishes away and then turned around to see him.

,,Then tell me. What's going on in your head?" He asked and stroke my free arm lightly.

,,Right now just weird stuff, but sometimes it's really messy up there." I said and his hand moved from my arm to my cheek. He started rubbing his thumb on my cheekbone while he was looking me in the eyes.

,,Why is it messy? What happens to make it messy?"

,,I don't know. I just start overthinking everything out of nowhere. You know at your parents' house that night? I only woke up to feed Riley and then my mind started playing with me as I tried to fall back asleep." I said and his soft facial expressions changed into a more worried one.

,,Does it happen often?" He asked, but before I could answer, we smelled something that was burning. ,,Shit! The omelette!" Shawn said and took the omelette from the pan and placed it on two plates. It looked a little burned, but I didn't care. ,,Mila, I'm sorry.... I burned it..." He said and looked disappointed at the omelettes on the plates.

,,I don't care. The gesture counts and I think it will be delicious anyways." I said and sat on a chair with Riley in my lap and started to eat.

Shawn sat on the other chair and also started eating. He looked still a little disappointed, but the omelette was still delicious.

,,Mila?" He asked and looked at me with the same worried facial expression from earlier.

,,Yeah?"

,,Does it happen often? I mean the thing with your mind getting crazy."

,,In the last time, yes...." I confessed.

,,With last time do you mean since Nina's death?" He asked and I started to bite my bottom lip lightly. ,,Don't do that. Don't bite your lip." He said and reached over the table to make me stop.

,,I think it started again after Nina's death." I said and stopped biting my lip.

,,Again? What do you mean with again?" He asked and that's when the interphone rang.

,,It's probably Skylar." I said and stood up from the table because I finished my food and went to the interphone with Riley.

,,Hello?" I answered on it.

,,It's Skylar." Skylar said through the interphone and I opened the door for her downstairs and then also the apartment door.

,,Good morning, Skylar." I greeted her as she entered the apartment.

,,Good morning, Camila. Morning, Riley." She said and stroke Riley's arm lightly. ,,Good morning, Shawn."

,,Good morning." Shawn said and as I looked in his direction I saw that he was washing the dishes.

,,Today I'm coming a little bit later than yesterday. I end work at 5pm." I informed Skylar.

,,Okay. No worries. I’ll be here with Riley." She said and smiled at me.

,,I think it's time for us to go." Shawn said and made his way to us.

,,You’re right. Bye, Riley." I said and kissed Riley's cheek. It wasn't getting any easier to say goodbye. I still didn't want to leave her.

,,Bye, baby Mila." Shawn said and also kissed Riley's cheek. I giggled lightly at his words and then handed Riley to Skylar.

Riley didn't seem scared to be in Skylar's arms so she probably started to get used to her. And that was a good sign.

Shawn and I put on our shoes and then left. He took my hand in his and brought it to his mouth to kiss the back of my hand.

,,Mila, what did you mean with again?" He asked and I took a deep breath.

,,Never mind." I said even if I wanted so badly to tell him there was no time now.

,,Mila, please. I need to know. I wanna know if there's anything that bothers you in any way."

,,I think it might take longer to tell you. We're almost at work." I said and suddenly he stopped walking and made me stop too.

,,Then we aren't going to work. You are a thousand times more important to me than anything. Now please tell me what happened." He said and took my hands in his.

,,Can we talk about this tonight? It's something I can't tell and then move on with the day..... I need time for it...."

,,I won't push you to tell me now I just wanna be there for you."

,,I know and I wanna tell you. I just want to have time for it." I said and he pulled me in for a hug.

,,I'm here anytime you need me." He said while he was holding me in a protective way.

He kissed the top of my head and then  we continued walking to the praxis.

Today is going to be a full day...