chapter 47

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

    Weeks seemed to have flown by for Y/N and her friends. Their time at the (Y/L/N) Manor came to an end all too quickly. The time was now late February, almost Ron's seventeenth birthday. The Ministry still hadn't been answering questions, and more and more members were disappearing.

    Hermione let out a huff as she held a copy of the Daily Prophet in her hand, the title making her grow concerned.

MINISTRY DISAPPEARANCES CONTINUE

    Her eyes scanned the paper as she let out a small sigh, "It's so easy for them to get to the both you." Sofia hummed in agreement as they walked down the crowded corridor, Harry and Y/N seeming in a daze. Ever since word about Ministry members disappearing reached them, they haven't been able to properly think.

    "Mione's right," Sofia agreed, "I'm surprised they haven't. What happened at the Weasleys was pure luck for anyone to come out unharmed."

    "Honestly, you both are bloody lucky you weren't killed. You two have to realize who you are, Y/N, Harry," she said quickly, her tone a bit harsh. The two cousins spared each other a look before giving an irritated huff. "We know who we are, Hermione, alright," Harry spat a little harsher then he intended to, immediately regretting his words as Y/N stayed silent, "Sorry."

    Hermione only sent a small nod as she folded the newspaper up in her hand. The group turned down the hallway, making their way to class when something to the side caught their eyes. Lavender and Ron were sitting on the ledge of a windowsill as she put something around his neck, something that looked to be a necklace. He didn't look so happy about it.

    "Lav, come on. Of course I'll wear it," he stated blankly, the girl giggling as she adjusted it. He spared the group coming towards them a glance, immediately locking eyes with Sofia as she just gazed back. "That's my Won-Won," Lavender laughed out, wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

    Sofia took in a deep breath before slowly backing away, hugging her book towards her chest. "Excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick," she muttered as she distanced herself from the group and the couple, Hermione slightly smiling at her before turning to Harry and Y/N.

    "I'll go make sure she's alright. I'll see you two later," she asked, receiving dazed nods as both of them seemed a little out of it. She looked at Y/N for a moment before sighing, leaning towards her to press a lingering kiss to her cheek, her other hand cupping the side of her face to gently stroke the skin.

    She pulled away to see Y/N staring right back at her, a small grin curling up on the corners of her lips. She flashed a shy smile as she softly ran her thumb over her cheek once more before taking it away. "You come talk to me later if you need to, got it? I don't like seeing you like this, it makes me worry," she muttered, but Y/N only gave a slight shrug.