chapter 8

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

     Y/N and Harry made their way through each train cart as Harry sneakily hid the Cloak of Invisibility behind his back. The two had a hunch that something was up with Draco, and it didn't seem like they'd stop until they found out what that 'something' was.

      "Mione wouldn't hesitate to kill me if she found out we were getting into more trouble by doing this," Y/N muttered, her and Harry passing a booth with a few fifth years. He snickered, "Oh, come on. Like she hasn't lived life on the edge a little as well." Y/N gave him a pointed look. "Harry, the most dangerous thing she's done is probably join Dumbledore's Army last year."

     The boy sent her a shrug as they kept walking down the train carts, passing a few more booths with people. "Eh, but you've managed to break her out of her shell. You've definitely opened her eyes a bit more to the real world." Y/N only nodded as the two approached a cart, hiding behind the door to it.  Two girls stood and made their way towards them, both of them eyeing the cousins a bit weirdly before they passed.

     Harry sent a small nod of acknowledgment as Y/N spotted Draco, the boy standing in the aisle. She turned Harry's face towards the boy, a small yelp leaving his lips at the action. "Don't worry. When we get to Hogwarts, we'll sort it out," they heard the boy say, him turning to a row of seats in front of him. Harry looked to Y/N confused, but she only gave a small shrug.

     The raven-haired boy thought for a second before reaching into his pocket, taking out something black and small. It was one of the Peruvian Instant Darkness Powders that Fred had given him. He looked down at it and pondered for a moment as Y/N watched silently, a bit confused. He looked back up to her for a moment before peeking over to Draco, the boy putting something in the overhead carry-on shelf.

"Harry, what're you—"

The boy threw the small ball of black dust into the train cart, black smoke filling it and blinding everyone. He tugged on her arm and threw the Cloak of Invisibility over themselves, guiding her through the mess of people who were letting out yelps and coughs. Harry stepped up onto one of the seats as he put his arm around Y/N's waist, hoisting the both of them up and onto the overhead carry-on above Draco's two friends, Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson.

Pansy and Y/N used to be close, but now, not so much. The girl was known to have had a crush on the Ravenclaw from first to fourth year, but Y/N didn't know if it stopped after that. All she knew was that Pansy sort of backed off of her when she and Hermione started to date. She didn't know if it was out of jealousy, loss of hope, or merely plain respect. Y/N was grateful for it, though. It definitely saved her from some drama.