chapter 41

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

    When Hermione envisioned spending the holidays with her girlfriend and family, she thought about a lot of things. Getting to spend more time with her, getting to know her family. Gaining the trust of her parents, them immediately warming up to her, which they did. Walking around the manor with Y/N, sneaking off to look at the library. Cuddling in her room, merely just enjoying each other's company. Waking up next to her, admiring her face as her eyes traced each feature, a small smile on her lips. That was what Hermione thought of when spending the break at Y/N's, what she thought of when waking up to her.

    She did not, however, think of being woken up by frantic knocking on the door, a small voice coming from the other side.

    Letting out a small groan as her eyes fluttered open, the noise from the other side of the door didn't stop, turning her head towards it and narrowing her eyes. She glared at the entrance as the knocking only got louder, giving an irritated and tired huff as she slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes. She looked around the room for a moment, it being morning and also New Year's Eve. Y/N was still sound asleep next to her on the king sized bed, not even dazed by the sound coming from the door.

    Hermione looked down at her with a small smile for a moment as she recalled last nights events, thankfully being able to at least walk afterwards and having full feeling in all parts of her body. However, she was once again torn from her admiring by the knocking, the small voice getting louder. Turning back towards the door, Hermione slowly got up, making sure she at least looked somewhat presentable. She wore one of Y/N's shirts and sweatpants, so that's the best she would get at the moment. Her hair was up in a loose bun, some flyaway strands poking out.

    Lazily, she walked across the room to the big, white door, the noise not seizing from the other side as she gripped at the knob, turned it, and swung the door open slowly, her eyes still trying to adjust everything. She looked out into the hallway, but no one was there. She furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion, just staring in front of her before she looked to the left and the right, no sign of anyone.

    "You're not Miss Y/N!"

    Slightly startling herself, she jumped back a bit, her head immediately looking down at the newfound voice. She stared blankly, her brain trying to register if this was a dream or not. She honestly thought she might be going mad.

    "Pilsy doesn't recognize you....who exactly is Pilsy looking at," the house elf asked, eyeing the girl in front of her skeptically as she stood almost three feet shorter. Hermione stared confused and intrigued, Y/N never mentioning she had one. It's not that it was necessarily a bad thing, but Hermione was quite fond of house elves and their rights, not to mention their lives.