chapter 42

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

    "Do you think we're in the clear," Hermione asked, Y/N letting out a huff as she opened her bedroom door. "Honestly, they're not going to let us live it down anyway. Might as well get used to it," she grumbled, "We have to leave my room, everyone's downstairs getting ready for New Year's."

"Everyone? What do you mean everyone," Hermione questioned, the two walking back down the hallway towards the staircase. "Oh, I didn't tell you? All of our families come together for the breaks or holidays. You know, Sofia's, Jenna's, Karan's, all of them. I thought I told you," Y/N answered, looking back to her.

"No. Thank you for enlightening me so early, love," Hermione retaliated sarcastically, being given a roll of her eyes as they stepped down each stair. "Honestly, quit whining. Make anymore noise and Ginny will make fun of us for it again."

She was given a scolding look as the two descended the staircase, immediately hearing laughter from the right in one of the living rooms. Y/N turned to the room with a small smile, but a yelp quickly left her lips as she felt arms around her, a body jumping onto her.

"Bloody hell, give me a minute, will you," she exclaimed, Karan giving a chuckle as he squeezed her in his hold. "Please, I haven't seen you for almost a week. Let me get my (Y/N/N) time, I've missed you," he laughed, Y/N letting out a playful sigh as she wrapped him back in a hug, a large number of people in front of her.

"Y/N, dear!"

Y/N pulled away from Karan to see his parents approaching, both with wide smiles. She grinned back widely, embracing the two into tight hugs.

    Arya and Naveen Brar, parents of Karan. Known for being famous Aurors, and also just happening to be parts of the Order when her parents were in it. They had been childhood friends, which only aided in Y/N and Karan's friendship as they grew up.

    "Mrs. Brar! Mr. Brar! How're you guys, I haven't seen you in a while," she asked, the woman giving her a tight squeeze just like her son did. "Oh, sweetie, we've been well. We're more worried about you, everything that's been going on lately and all."

    "Yeah, you holding up well? Doing good in school," the man asked, Y/N giving a nod. "I've been fine, doing good. My grades are up, and I'm captain of the Quidditch team."

    "Did I hear someone say captain of the Quidditch team?"

    Y/N's head whipped around to a dark-skinned man looking at her, a bright smile on his face. "Mr. Gray," she exclaimed, making her way over towards him and his wife. They both quickly enveloped her into a hug, a chuckle leaving his lips.