chapter 23

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

Y/N sat in her chair as she dozed in and out of class, Professor Flitwick's voice wavering in her ears. Her elbow was propped up on her desk with her head in her hand as she tried to listen, but the man just kept going on, and on, and on, and on. You get the point. Anyway, she was released from the Hospital Wing a few days ago. She still had a nasty cut on her side, and the bruising had turned a lovely shade of purple, but hey, at least she can move.

Her eyes kept darting over to the clock by the door, and she wanted so desperately just to speed up time. Charms wasn't necessarily her favorite, but it sure was Hermione's. It's not that she struggled in the class, she did well, but it didn't entertain her as much as others did.

She sat at a desk between Ron and Brett, and the rest of the boys had sprawled themselves around the classroom. This was the only class she didn't share with any of the girls, but rather all of the boys. Not like she was complaining, Ron and Brett always made it interesting.

She had her head propped up in her hand as she started to feel herself moving in and out of sleep, but quickly jumped back into her chair as the overhead bell was heard. She let out a sigh of relief as she quickly stood from her seat, not even waiting for Flitwick finish saying his 'Have a good afternoons'. She practically jumped three feet into the air as she slung her book bag over her shoulders, Ron and Brett letting out an amused snicker.

"Someone's a little eager, don't you think, Brett," the redhead asked him, a nod being given in response. "I'll say, I haven't seen her this excited since her and Hermione left her dorm room a few weeks ago." The two boys laughed as Y/N's face started to heat up, throwing them each a glare as they made their way to the exit of the classroom. "Shove off, the both of you," she spat, "You don't even know what we were doing."

Brett threw Ron an amused, pointed look. "Oh, no. I think we do. You should really learn to use 'Muffliato' more. I love you and Hermione, don't get me wrong, but when she's screaming your name at the top of her lungs and I can hear it from the common room staircase, it makes me feel like I'm listening to my sister get shagged," Brett explained with a cringe, Y/N immediately hoping the ground would swallow her whole. She was sure her face was paled, flushed, even.

Ron immediately agreed as the three joined the rest of the boys outside of the classroom. "Not saying you have to stop, (Y/N/N), but use the bloody spell. It's there for a reason," he said with a teasing smirk, the girl quick to hit the back of both of their heads. "Shut it, honestly," she muttered embarrassed, "Please tell me we aren't that loud."

"You aren't, and you're lucky that no one else is around when you're doing it. I'm sure half of Ravenclaw and Gryffindor would be making fun of you if they heard, especially if word got out to George and Fred," Brett retaliated with a smirk, Y/N letting out an embarrassed groan as she slapped her hands over her face. "Merlin, just kill me now,"she muttered as they joined the rest of the group, Harry and Karan leaned up against the wall outside of the classroom with Corey in front of them.