chapter 44

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

Y/N thought there were a lot of things that were worth waking up to. Waking up to her mother's cooking, waking up to see her friends in her dorm room, waking up for another day of being surrounded by the ones she loved. They were all great, really, they were.

But she looked forward to waking up to something a little bit more.

She was woken up to the feeling of lips hitting her face, pecks being placed from her forehead, down the bridge of her nose, onto her cheeks, and trailing all around her mouth, not firmly planting themselves onto it just yet.

Immediately knowing who it was, she smiled as she started to wake up. A body was settled on top of her, legs on both sides of her stomach as she was straddled. She could hear soft giggles, ones that made her stomach do flips every single time she heard them. Hands cupped her face, holding in her place as lips worked at it, touching any free spot they could find.

    Fluttering her eyes open, she was met with a sight that never failed to make her heart jump. Her favorite pair of eyes stared down at her, her favorite smile shining brightly. If anything, she thought Hermione had just won a million Galleons, especially with the way her smile looked like it were about to pounce off of her face.

    The two stared at each other for a moment, one with a wide grin, the other a small smirk of amusement. Y/N started to slowly sit up, but Hermione pushed her back down by her shoulders, cupping her face in her hands once more.

    "Well, you seem in a happy mood," Y/N laughed out, Hermione arching an eyebrow with an ecstatic nod, her bottom lip between her teeth. "I am," she replied, "And you want to know why?"

    "Hm, well, I guess," answered Y/N playfully, Hermione giving a giggle as she continued to press kisses to her face.

    "It just so happens to be my girlfriend's seventeenth birthday. My perfect, wonderful, beautiful, amazing, intelligent, stunning girlfriend," she told, emphasizing each compliment with a kiss as Y/N laughed. She peppered a few more pecks to her face before breaking away with a radiant smile, Y/N goofily grinning back up at her.

"Hi," she murmured softly, Hermione's grin only becoming bigger. Her hands hadn't moved from her face, her thumbs softly stroking her cheeks as she made no motion to un-straddle her stomach.

"Hello, my love," the bushy-haired girl said gently, "Happy birthday. Sorry I woke you up, I couldn't wait to celebrate with you," she added shyly, but Y/N gave a small scoff with a shrug. "I'd wake up early any day if it meant being woken up like that, with you," she retaliated, the girl on top of her giving another giggle.