chapter 15

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕤 𝕊𝕖𝕩𝕦𝕒𝕝 𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕥

☟︎☟︎☟︎

The light from the sun casted through the windows of the Gryffindor Prefect Room. The dorm was silent as Hermione slept, it now being the morning of the seventeenth birthday. She laid covered in a blanket with her head rested on her pillow as she began to wake up, her arm stretching out and to the side next to her.

Reaching out, she gently placed her hand down next to her, expecting for another body to be there, but to her dismay, there wasn't.

Still trying to wake up, she moved her arm around the side of the bed, her eyes fluttering open as she picked her head up. Adjusting to the light, her vision was met with an empty spot next to her, the girl being confused as to where her girlfriend might've been. Her eyebrows slightly furrowed as a small frown rose to her lips.

Frantically, she sat up, the blanket falling off of her as she looked around the room. Her eyes moved over to the other side of the dorm to the small kitchen, her nerves immediately calming as she saw Y/N at the stove cooking something. She let out a small sigh of relief as she swung her legs over the bed to the side, planting her feet onto the ground and started to make her way over.

As she grew closer, she saw that she was making pancakes. A smile rose to her lips as Y/N turned off the stove and placed the food to the side, still unaware of the awoken girl behind her. Quietly sneaking up behind her, Hermione slowly and gently wrapped her arms around her waist, the girl slightly jumping in her spot as she turned around quickly. A small sigh left her mouth as she saw who it was.

"Merlin, Mione! Gave me a heart attack," she gasped out, Hermione only giggling. "Sorry, love, I didn't mean to. What're you cooking," she asked, her eyes darting to the plate of pancakes placed to the side. "Well, it was supposed to be breakfast in bed for you," Y/N grumbled, giving her a sarcastic unamused look, "But it seems as though that won't be the case. Why couldn't you have just stayed in bed?"

"I got concerned when I woke up and you weren't next to me," Hermione replied with, resting her head onto her shoulder. Y/N let out a soft laugh as she wrapped her arms around her shoulders, "Where would I have gone?" Hermione shrugged in response, "I don't know, perhaps somewhere in the school."

"And leave the birthday girl all by herself? Definitely not," Y/N retaliated with a small smirk, "Speaking of, happy birthday, Hermione."