chapter 12

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕤 𝕊𝕖𝕩𝕦𝕒𝕝 𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕥

☟︎☟︎☟︎

    Y/N was walking down a corridor by herself as she made her way to the Ravenclaw common room when someone calling her name made her stop. Her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as she slowly turned around, the girl becoming more dumbfounded with who had called for her.

    "Parkinson?"

    Pansy smiled shyly as she made her way from one end of the corridor towards her, hugging what seemed to be an Charms textbook to her chest. Y/N stood still with a quizzical expression, her bag slung over her shoulder with her arms crossed over her chest. Her face didn't move from its blank and questioning expression as the girl approached her.

    "Hi," was all the Slytherin said, Y/N only becoming a bit baffled. She looked around the hallway to see if this was some sort of prank, but everyone seemed to be passing them without a spare glance. "Uh," she trailed off, looking back at her, "Hey?"

    A small giggle left Pansy's lips as Y/N observed her. "How are you," she asked simply, the Ravenclaw pondering for a moment before she gave a small shrug. "Uhm, I've been hanging in there...you?"

    "Been doing well, thanks," she replied with, her eyes looking everywhere but hers. Y/N looked at her a bit warily. "You alright," she asked, Pansy snapping her eyes back to hers with a small blush. "Yeah, I'm fine. Where are you headed to?" Y/N looked at her for a moment before looking down the hallway. "I was going to head towards the Ravenclaw common room—"

    "Oh, mind if I join you? I'm heading to the library, it's on the way," Pansy cut in, a little too eagerly for Y/N, might I add. The girl said nothing for a few seconds as she thought before slowly nodding her head. "Alright, sure, I guess." She simply shrugged her shoulders as she and Pansy turned around, now making their way down the somewhat empty corridor.

     Pansy tucked a stray strand of her black hair behind her ear as they started to walk, the two girls turning down a corner. "So, how was your summer," she asked curiously, Y/N frozen with a blank expression. "It was alright," she said quickly, desperately trying to speed up the pace so she could get to her dorm. "That's good," Pansy said softly, the two approaching the Great Staircase. They climbed it silently as Y/N started to feel a bit awkward, the tension between the two a little thick.

    She didn't notice it, but Pansy kept stealing glances at her, her eyes moving from her and the steps. She also failed to notice that a certain bushy-haired girl was coming down the stairs from a few flights up in front of them.