chapter 2

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

     The two cousins stood in the living room next to the two adults who sat on the sofa, everyone's eyes glued to the T.V. Y/N's arms were crossed over her chest with her lips pursed as she watched the scene in front of her, Harry playing with the hem of his zip-up jacket as he scanned the screen.

Death Eaters Attack Muggle World, Then Wizarding World

    The sight of multiple dark clouds of black smoke soaring throughout the sky over the city of London was seen, a skull appearing in the murky clouds above. The family watched as Death Eaters hit a bridge, making it shake and rumble into the water beneath it. Muggles on it it scrambled frantically to get off as the cables snapped and flailed, and then, was no longer seen as it submerged itself.

    The swarm of black smoke now moved from the bridge towards the city, weaving in and out of buildings as they closed in on a familiar wall. They went straight through it, now appearing in Diagon Alley and flying over passerby's' heads. The wisps of the black smoke turned to the right, shattering right into a window of a store as the shards of glass fell towards the cobblestone streets.

    Yells and screams were heard as everyone ran away, three Death Eaters being seen coming out of the burnt store with a person in tow. A piece of cloth was put over their head, shielding them from seeing who it was. After that, the screen turned off.

    Y/N's mother held up the T.V. remote, her face looking distraught as the three turned to her. "Such a shame," she muttered out, "The Dark Lord is at it once again." Y/N's father huffed as he sat back into his seat on the leather couch, settling one leg on top of the other. "You'd think he'd give it a rest. He would've won by now if he was that powerful. He needs to take a hint."

    Y/N and Harry didn't say anything as they shared a look, both of them a being a bit curious as to what has happened in London. Harry gave her a glance, silently asking if they should leave to go check up on the city. It was a small trip, the two would be able to use the Floo Network to get there. Y/N looked at him for a moment as she thought before nodding once and turning to her parents.

    "Mum, Dad, you don't mind if we take a look at the bridge? See how everything is going? The Death Eaters are gone, I reckon it'll be safe."

    Both adults looked at the two before looking at each other, then back to them. Her mother seemed to think for a moment before her father spoke up. "I don't see why not, Aurors are already there. The Ministry no doubt has people patrolling the area, I feel like it's safe enough. You think so, dear?"