chapter 14

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

Two and a half weeks had passed at Hogwarts, leaving the date to be September 18th. It was exactly one day before Hermione Granger's birthday. The group of friends was excited to celebrate the girl's birthday, wanting to make sure that her first day of being seventeen was memorable.

They had figured they would all go to Hogsmeade, treating her to a night away from the school as a gift. Hermione was always hard on herself when it came to doing homework or studying, and they wanted her to at least have a chance to get away from it. They had all gotten her gifts, much to her dismay. She never really liked receiving things, always saying it made her feel guilty. Her friends didn't care, though. They wanted to show her how much they'd truly appreciated her.

☟︎☟︎☟︎

Y/N walked down a corridor of the West Wing with Harry and Sofia, the three making their way from last period, Herbology. Smiles were on all of their faces as they conversed.

"You're going to be there, right? At the quidditch fields for tryouts," Harry asked Sofia, the girl nodding. "Wouldn't miss it, I want to see the new teams this year and who'll be getting a spot."

Y/N snickered, "That and she wants to see Ronnie have a go in that Quidditch uniform." Sofia's smile fell into a scowl as her face flushed, Harry trying to stifle his chuckle. "Shove off, Y/N," she snapped, "How do you know I'm not going to watch you or Harry?"

"Well, last time I checked, you don't fancy either of us," the boy stepped in, Sofia shooting him an incredulous look. "It's pretty obvious you like him, Sof. To be honest, I think it'd be fair to say he might feel the same."

"How many times have a told you guys? I don't fancy, Ron! We are just friends," the girl spat back flustered, the two cousins sharing a look of amusement. Y/N gave a dramatic roll of her eyes and a sigh. "Honestly, maybe I should just stuff you two into a broom closet and hope you shag it out."

"Y/N Y/M/N (Y/L/N)," Sofia screeched, bashing a textbook down onto her arm with a dark blush. Harry let out a booming laugh as he watched the two, Y/N trying to fight off the attack. She couldn't help but snicker as the girl hit her, obviously being embarrassed. After a few hits, she gripped the book in her hand, prying it from her hold.

"Don't attack me because I'm stating the obvious," she said with a quirk of her eyebrows. Sofia rolled her eyes as Y/N handed her the textbook back. "Whatever, all I know is Mione and the girls are coming with me. The boys are going to try to come. Corey's trying out for the team this year, so we'll be there to cheer him on."