chapter 36

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

    "Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission?"

    Y/N looked to Harry as she and him sat with Remus, Tonks, and Mr. Weasley in the living room, their friends playing with small toys and gags with the twins in the kitchen. "I know it sounds mad, funny even," the raven-haired boy began, "But—"

    "Has it occurred to you, Harry, Snape was simply pretending to offer Draco help, so he could find out what he was up to," Remus cut in, but Y/N gave a neutral hum. "Honestly, that's not what it sounded like when Harry explained it," she said, Tonks giving a nod. "Perhaps they're both right. I mean, to make an Unbreakable Vow, it's—"

    "It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgement," Remus said, cutting the woman off, "Dumbledore trusts Snape, therefore I do."

    "Yes, but Dumbledore can make mistakes," Y/N challenged, Harry nodding as he adjusted his glasses. Remus turned to the two and pointed a finger at them, "You're blinded by hatred!"

    "We are not," Harry challenged back offended, Lupin not giving up. "Yes, you are. People are disappearing, Harry, Y/N. Daily, might I add. We can only place our trust in a handful of people. If we start fighting amongst ourselves, we're doomed," he finished, sitting back into his seat with a huff. Harry's jaw clenched as Y/N narrowed her eyes at the man before she looked to Tonks, the woman giving a  small, apologetic smile with a wave of her hand telling her to dismiss it.

    She was the first to stand and leave the living room as Lupin followed, Ginny now making an appearance as she sat on the small couch right next to Harry, a bit closely, too. Y/N slightly smirked at the action from her chair besides them as Mr. Weasley now stood, making his way out of the room and leaving the three alone.

    Y/N watched for a few seconds as Ginny took a cookie from the plate in her grasp and rose it towards Harry. "Open up, you," she said awkwardly, Harry giving a breathy laugh as Y/N snickered. The two shot her a quick glare as she put her hands up defensively, sinking back into her seat. "I'm not even here," she muttered quickly, Ginny turning back to Harry.

    "Don't you trust me," she asked with a smile, Harry smiling as he took a bite from it in her hand. He chewed it as he sent a reassuring smile, "It's good."

    "Just shag already, will you," Y/N muttered, Ginny giving her another cold glare to which she only sent a quirk of her eyebrow back. Looking back to the raven-haired boy, Ginny failed to realize her brother was coming into the room, breaking the two from their staring contest and making them move to create space.