chapter 3

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

The three made their way into the house, furniture scattered along the floor. Their wands emitted light from the tip, all of them stepping over scraps on the ground. They passed the staircase before making their way to a doorway, Dumbledore looking at it curiously.

"Horace?"

No one answered as they moved closer to the room, the two following behind the headmaster warily as they scanned their surroundings. They entered the messy space, chairs and couches flipped over near a fireplace, the door off of its hinges as well. "Horace," Dumbledore kept muttering, seeming to be looking for someone. Still, no answer.

Harry and Y/N followed him as they passed a pile of rubble, seeing a newspaper with their faces on it laying on the floor. They looked to each curiously before glancing back down at it when suddenly, a red dot of liquid hit it. The two watched as another drop hit the piece of paper before slowly looking up, pointing their wands towards the ceilings.

There was a hole in it, red staining the wood structure of the house as what seemed to be blood dripped from it. Dumbledore watched the two before slowly walking towards them, a drop hitting Harry on the forehead. The man rose his hand to him, his finger dabbing the liquid before he brought it to his mouth, the two watching questioningly and slightly scared.

Dumbledore turned to two chairs across the room, slowly inching towards them as the two followed. Harry and Y/N watched as Dumbledore slowly reached his wand out and poked a blue and white striped couch, the girl almost falling back into Harry as a man's head popped out.

"Merlin's beard!"

The three watched as a man now took form, his pajamas seeming a bit inflated. "No need to disfigure me, Albus." The two cousins watched surprised by the interaction as Dumbledore spoke. "Well, I must say you make a very convincing armchair, Horace."

The man started to shake him as his pajamas went back to normal size. "It's all in the upholstery. I come by the stuffing naturally. What gave me away?" The headmaster softly chuckled, pointing his wand up at the red spot on the ceiling. "Dragon's blood."

"Oh."

"Oh, yes, introductions," Dumbledore replied, turning to the two behind him. "Y/N, Harry, I'd like you to meet an old friend and colleague of mine, Horace Slughorn."

The man waved an inflated arm at them before he deflated it, Y/N sending a small and shy smile. "Horace, well, you know who they are." Dumbledore moved to the side as Slughorn smiled at them, slowly moving towards them. "Y/N (Y/L/N) and Harry Potter."