chapter 21

☟︎☟︎☟︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

☝︎︎☝︎︎☝︎︎

    "Corey, eat something," Y/N told the boy with a sigh, him shaking his head 'no' in return. "No way, I feel like I'm going to be sick," he muttered out, the group of friends looking at him amused.

    Today marked one of the important Quidditch games of the season, Ravenclaw versus Slytherin. Both teams seemed to be promising this year. Y/N had made some substantial cuts and additions to the team with tryouts, taking the best and most athletic players that had showed up. The house team hadn't lost a match yet, and she would like to keep it that way.

     Slytherin was also doing well. They had made some changes to their team, especially with tryouts. Their beaters seemed more promising, their bludgers more accurate when it came to where they were thrown. The captain was Urquhart Rackharrow, a seventh year. He had been captain for the past two years, and he seemed like he knew what he was doing. Blaise also seemed to be promising, especially with his chaser skills. Draco, however, had been missing multiple games and practices, so it wasn't likely he would show for the day's game, anyway.

    It was just after school hours as everyone filed into the Great Hall, there being about two hours before the game. It was snowing out, it being mid November. In Y/N's opinion, she loved to play in the snow or rain, it made everything seem more fun, more intense. Now, however, her main focus was on Corey. He had been doing well all season, ranking one of the best Beaters for the school, but he still got nervous before every game. She couldn't blame him, she was the same when she first started.

    "She's right, dude. You need to eat something," Karan agreed, shooting the boy a pointed look. "Just eat a biscuit, just the tiniest bit. It won't kill you, and besides, you need energy for the game." Corey didn't respond as he let out a huff, "I'm not eating. It's simple." Y/N have a small sigh before she turned, looking to Hermione. "Fine, but if you faint off of your broomstick, don't blame us."

     Corey's eyes widened as he perked up in his seat. "That can happen," he muttered out quietly, Y/N giving a nonchalant nod. "It can, so I'd suggest you eat." Within seconds, he started to scarf down two biscuits and three pieces of toast, crumbs dusting his plate. Hermione slightly scowled at the sight. "Can't you eat properly? You're just like Ron," she mumbled, her face looking disgusted as Corey shrugged.

     "Sorry, Hermione," he mumbled out, but the food muffled his voice. Y/N snickered at the boy before she started to play with the sleeve of her Ravenclaw Quidditch sweater. Each house had their own, their colors and emblem on them. Hers had dark blue stripes going across the shirt horizontally with a thick gray one in between, the house emblem of the eagle and Ravenclaw house symbol on the upper left corner just above her heart. It was cozy and warm, and she always thought it felt like Mrs. Weasley's sweaters. She liked it, and so did Hermione.