Ignoring the anxieties (chapter 19)

Start from the beginning

The only think that came in my mind was to call Shawn, but before I could do so, the secretary came back and guided me and Riley to an office.

,,Camila! How are you?" Hannah greeted me and gave me a hug.

,,I'm fine. How are you?" I said as we broke the hug.

,, I'm great. Now tell me who's the little one." Hannah said and took Riley out of her stroller and Riley looked really scared.

,,She's Riley." I said and started taking deep breaths, trying to calm down my mind.

,,You said she's your nice. How comes that your sister isn't here?" She asked and I started feeling the anxiety build up again.

,,She....died." I said and Hannah looked at me in shock.

,,What!? Camila... I- I'm so sorry.... I-.... How are you?" She asked with a worried look.

,,The truth or what people wanna hear?" I asked.

,,The truth."

,,I can't breathe. I feel like I can't breathe. I feel like someone is taking my breath away like I take Riley away from my sister." I said and started breathing hardly.

,,Camila, you aren't taking Riley away from your sister. I'm sure your sister will be happy that Riley is with you and not with some random foster families" Hannah said while she was holding Riley and stroking her back lightly.

,,But-"

,,No but. Hear me out. YOUR parents died and YOU had to go from foster family to another. Don't you wish you had someone to call mom even if it wouldn't be the person that give you birth? Cause I'm sure your mom would've wanted  that and that exact same thing wants your sister for Riley. Look, I'm not a psychologist, but did you think about going to one?" She asked and I realized that I calmed down.

I don't know what happened to me earlier, but it doesn't matter anymore. It was for sure nothing bad. Probably just my mind playing games. It happened when I was younger too so I shouldn't worry. I'm okay.

,,I don't need a psychologist. I'm fine and I don't have the money and time for one." I said and Hannah dropped it even if she didn't look happy with my answer.

,,Okay so.... Do you have her medical records? In that way, I can see what vaccines we have to make." Hannah asked and I started searching through my mini backpack after the medical records.

,,Here." I said and handed Hannah the records after I found them.

,,Thanks." She said and started looking through the files. ,,It looks just fine. Riley only needs the vaccines that are made when a baby gets to the age of 4 months." Hannah informed me.

She put Riley on a baby table and started checking her heartbeat and all that stuff that  a doctor does to you at an appointment. Riley didn't seem scared anymore, but she was looking at me all the time.

,,You may need to calm her down now. I need to do the vaccines and babies start crying most of the time. You should hold her hand so she can feel you there." Hannah said and I did so.

I walked to Riley and she took my index finger in hers before I could do anything. As Hannah came back with a syringe, I started stroking Riley's cheek to make sure she stays calm.

As Hannah made her the vaccine, Riley immediately started crying. My heart broke for her and I tried to calm her down, but that took a while. After Riley finally calmed down, Hannah said:

,,One more and she's done."

One more!?

Before I could protest, Hannah gave her the next vaccine and Riley started crying again. Hannah put a small patch where she made the vaccines and after that, I picked up Riley and tried to calm her down by rocking her lightly in my arms.