you know me - j.hs

It's kind of dark...but it feels nice. I feel at ease? No, weightless? I can't describe it but I just know it feel great.

There's a loud knocking on the bathroom door, not coming close to bother me.

A boy with red hair opened the door after gaining not even a peep of noise in response. Letting out a sigh as he leaned against the sink, pinching the bridge of his nose as his eyes laid on the girl who sat still in the bathtub.

"Again? You do know you have practice in less than thirty?" He questioned, glaring.

I continued to stare at the wall in front of me, his words not meaning much. What was I supposed to do? Jump out of the tub and go change? Obviously, but I wasn't up for it.

"I don't remember you being my manager nor having anything to do with the band." I sat up straight, draining the water from my ears. Hugging my knees as I close my eyes.

"I'm literally every one of your band mates' best friend?! What the hell has gotten into you, y/n?" He goes on to kneel beside the tub, his expensive shoes getting wet.

"What does it ha-"

"Everything? You haven't shown face to sessions, you're out of reach, and this is the sixth time I've found you in this damn bathtub." He said as he pushed my wet hair aside. He was clearly angered by his tone but his touch felt gentle and worried.

He really was something else. Coming to raise his voice but touching me with care.

"I like the bathtub...it's nice and quiet." I muttered, moving my head slightly so that his hand could give me head pats. Hoseok smiled at me, giving me the head pats I was looking for as he continued to look at me with worried eyes, his smile fading.

"Come on... you can't stand being alone in such a quiet room. You really thrive on a stage where it's loud and full of adrenaline, we both know that."

I smile, my hand coming to rest on top of his head.

"You really know me.." I said before getting out of the tub, my soaked clothes making puddles. Hoseok looked at me with wide eyes before scurrying out of the bathroom.

"Isn't that like repeating the same thing as this one? I think I'd be fine if we scrapped this one..." The two boys murmured, leaning to look at the notebook that had their lyrics written down on it. He nods, scribbling it out.

"Let's run it through." Namjoon suggested as he walked over to his stand. A beautiful bass guitar that complimented him entirely. Slipping it on, adjust the strap before placing the pick in his mouth to fix his bracelets.

Jungkook jogged to the drums, playing with the sticks in his hand. Throwing them into the air and twisting them however he wished.

Seokjin stared at the empty post, a small sigh coming out. He knew everyone missed their guitarist a lot. She made practices less of a pain and more of a passion.

"Which one are we doing?"

Everyone turned to the door, the familiar voice making them look in shock. Watching as the [hair color] walked nonchalantly with her guitar slung over her shoulder.
"What?" She questioned with a yawn following after.

"Where have you been?" Seokjin asked.

"Thought I was just where I wanted to be...turns out there's only one place where I belong." I shrug with a faint smile.

"We're playing [insert song]! If you haven't forgot about it..." Jungkook fades out, a small smile appearing on his face. He knew that if he didn't say something, Seokjin would've probably lost it on her.

Yoongi stands behind the studio glass, eyes widened a bit as he watched them play. It had been a while since they played together and sounded this good. He really did think y/n was like a missing piece to the puzzle. The members were in their own zone but blending together.

Better yet.. they were all smiling and feeling it like a band should.

Hoseok was right. I'm happy this way...creating music in a lively atmosphere. My band mates merging their own sound with mine to create our own.

The vibrations of the strings when I pick, how my mind and fingers correlate. I don't have to think about it, I just do what I feel, what note I want to play, what I want to add into the song.

I feel empty in the bathtub. Blank.

But here, I feel like I'm not alone. Like I really do have a place and there's other like me. Others that want to stick with me even though we don't know every tiny crack inside us.

I know it's not home...but it's somewhere that lets me be seen. That puts me at ease.

I look at my guitar with a narrowed gaze. A soft smile coming onto my lips before it fades. Seeing my band mates looking at me with smiles and tiny tears welling up in their eyes.

I laugh, tears coming to fall down my own face.

I'm glad... glad you're all here for me no matter what.