Waking up

Light started shining in my eyes as i began to open them. I moaned and the light quickly shut off. "sorry bout that alyssa...how are you feeling?" It was donnie. i tried to sit up usung my arm, but winced at the pain and fell back onto the metal bed. i looked at my left arm and saw stiches and bandages covering it. donnie helped me sit up putting my arm in a sling. "ill take that as a obviously in pain." we both giggled. he then pointed to the far corner of the room with a finger held up to his lips signaling be quiet. i looked over and saw raph asleep in a chair leaned against the wall with aubreys baby monoter next to him. i smiled and git up walking quietly over to him. i placed a kiss on his head and he shot up hugging me. "hows aubrey? Is she ok?" he smiled and stood up takeing my right hand. he nodded and walked me up to aubreys room. her soft snores were heard from the door way. i walked up to her krib to see her curled up in a tiny ball. i reached down and covered he little body woth her fuzzy pink blanket. raph and i walked across the hall into our room. i layed down while raph put the baby monoter on his side or the bed. i reached for it but he pished my hand away. "i got it baby, if she wakes up ill take care of her you need to get some rest." i smiled and missed him, rolling back iver to my side. he wraped his arm around my waist, and nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck. i giggled and closed my eyes but for some reason i couldent fall asleep. i layed there awake, thinking about everything that happened today. i looked over to the clock on the night stand and saw it was 3:24 a.m. i stayed there snuggled up to raph untill i heard aunrey on the baby monoter. she was saying momma over and over like she was asking for me. i sliped out of raphs grip and went into her room. She was standing up in her bed makeing graby hands for me. I picked her up and sat in the rocking chair with her. she snuggled up to me while sucking on a pink binky. raphs voice startled me when he appeared in the doorway. "i said I would get her." i whispered back to him. "i know but i eas already awake...i cant sleep." he nodded and came into the room. I smiled and he sat on the floor next to me. "Howd your arm?" I looked down at aubrey and saw how she clung to me. I looked back over to raph. "the pain is worth it to save my little girl, but its ok i guess." he smiled, and looked at aubrey. then he stood up. "come on lets put her in bed then us to our bed." i smiled and gently layed her down. Raph and i layed down in our previous position. and finally i fell asleep knowing that my baby girl was ok.