Mini Mila (chapter 3)

Start from the beginning

,,Yes."

,,You have your own praxis?" Addison asked still shocked.

,,Yep." Shawn answered and smiled.

,,And is there maybe another free job for another friend of yours?" She asked embarrassed, but Adi also needed a job.

,,Well I just opened my praxis a few months ago and it was pretty hard working alone, that's why I wanted just a coworker to help me, but, to be honest, I'd love to work with both of you."

,,You do?" Addison asked surprised.

,,Yes. If you want a job, I can give it to you, but it will be probably not as good paid as Camila’s at the beginning, cause I'm still at the beginning." He said while scratching the back of his neck.

,,Are you serious?"

,,Yes. Totally."

,,Oh my god! Thank you!" Addison said and jumped in Shawn's arms.

As I saw her hugging him I felt a little jealous somehow. I didn't know why but I didn't like seeing Adi hugging him.

,,So, when can I start?"

,,Tomorrow if you want." As he said that my jaw fell.

,,Why can she start, but I can't?" I asked and crossed my arms over my chest.

Shawn leaned in and whispered in my ear:

,,Because I care for you and I want you to rest. Got it?"

I rolled my eyes and he whispered again:

,,I didn't hear you answer. You got it?"

,,I got it.." I said it more like a mumble.

,,Great." He said and quickly got his coffee. ,,I'll see you tomorrow, Addison. Take care of you, Mila. Okay?"

,,Okay..." I said while Addison waved him excited and before he left, he turned around one more time and said to me:

,,If you ever need me, just call."

I smiled and nodded at him as he left.

,,Holy fuck! We are gonna work together!" Addison said excited after Shawn left.

,,I can't believe it.."

,,You know what I can't believe?"

,,What?"

,,That something between you and Shawn is still there." She said and smirked.

,,What are you talking about?" I laughed it off.

,,Don't play dumb like in college! You know there was always something between you two back then and it still is."

,,There was never something between us. We were just friends."

,,I don't mean that you were hooking up with him. I mean there was this 'tension' between you two."

,,Addison! Here's a baby!"

,,Sorry.. Anyways, everyone in this cafe saw the tension between you two as he whispered in your ear!"

,,Adi.. Forget it. We're just friends and he for sure has a girlfriend, so just forget it."

,,Whatever, but you were jealous as fuck as I hugged him.." She said smirking.

,,I wasn't jealous!"

,,Really? Say that to your index finger that is tapping this table since then."

Fuck! I didn't realize I was tapping with my index finger on the table like I always do when I am nervous, jealous, anxious or pissed off.