Chapter 33: He Was Ranting So I Kissed Him

"W-what did you say?" I managed to stammer out.

Certainly,I didn't hear that right.

"I like you, Kayra",he repeated.

Hearing it again,I was dumbstruck. I definitely didn't see this coming.

Jayson Bradshaw likes me?

He saw the puzzled look on my face and continued speaking.

"Kayra,this may be crazy and may sound weird to you but I have feelings for you. I don't know when and how this happened but I remember the first day I saw you at the library that day. Your eyes struck me,they were so beautiful and innocent. Maybe you think I don't know it was you but I remembered your face when you bumped into me at the cafeteria."

Oh my God,it was his eyes I noticed first too. I guess blue eyes really do have some magic in them.

"And when I poured the soda on you,I'm really sorry, I wasn't supposed to do that. You made a mistake and I just acted like a jerk but when you retaliated with the water,I was taken aback, I didn't think you would be bold enough to do something like that. And then I found out we were in the same biology class, but I said I didn't want to work with you on the project. The truth was,I did want to work with you,to get to know you but the wall I had built around me didn't allow me to and I put on this tough, indifferent exterior. And when you apologised with the ice cream,I thought it was the cutest thing ever but being the jerk that I am, I allowed my asshole self to behave the way I did,I'm really sorry about that too. And then when I found out you stayed just across the street,I was surprised because I had never noticed you but after that, I caught myself most of the time staring into your room to see what you were doing."

Okay,that's creepy and kinda freaky too.

"I would always notice your movements from your study desk to your bed or to the bathroom and how you were always shuffling around in your room. And I have to say this,you look really cute in your Powerpuff girls pajamas."

That was embarrassing but it made me blush a little.

"We've been working together on this project for almost three weeks and in these weeks,I've found myself even more attracted to you. Oh and that dress you wore to my parents' dinner,it looked beautiful on you."

He has to stop complimenting me before I turn into a tomato.

"I've not felt this way about anybody before and it's just strange because I don't really know you so well and I didn't make that good of a first impression either."

He was ranting,which was surprising because he's so quiet and doesn't speak a lot. All this while,he was avoiding eye contact with me and I could sense he was very very nervous. I still can't believe he's saying all this.

"I should probably stop talking but my point is,what I'm trying to say is",he finally looked up, "Kayra, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever met,you have an amazing personality, you're smart, you're lively,you have a beautiful laugh...."

Wait....I've laughed in front of him before?

"And you're not like the other girls, you're different in a way,and I like that. I don't know why I'm talking so much but I like you,I really do and I....."

I didn't know what came over me in the next instant but I just cut him off in the middle of his rant by connecting my lips with his. He was shocked for a split second but he kissed back eventually.

It occurred to me that that was our very first kiss. And my second one in my entire lifetime.

I pulled away from the kiss after a few seconds and whispered,"I like you too."

His eyes widened and he looked like he would jump out of happiness any moment.

"Really? You do? You like me too? You really mean it?"

I smiled and nodded,"Yes I do."

"Wait,was that what you wanted to tell me?"

I felt embarrassed all of a sudden and my cheeks heated up again.

He saw and giggled.

"You have no idea how happy I am right now. I'm glad I finally got this off my chest."

"Me too."

"Thank you",he said,his blue orbs were glistening, full of emotion and happiness.

"For what?"

"For liking me back."

I stared into his eyes and smiled,a smile I don't think I've ever smiled before

I can't believe Stephanie was actually right.

"So what now?" He laughed nervously.

"Um, I think I should probably go home now,it's getting late".

It was sunset and the sky was beginning to darken. My dad should almost be back home if he wasn't working late.

"Oh yeah. Okay", something laced his tone,I didn't know whether it was disappointment or he was just tired.

He walked me to the door and before I left he said, "Goodnight Kayra",then he planted a kiss on my forehead and smiled .

He shouldn't be saying goodnight at this time,it was still early evening. But I still said it back anyway.

"Goodnight Jayson",I returned the smile.

He watched me walk over to my house and enter before he went back into his.

Immediately I closed the front door,I raced upstairs to my room and buried my face in my pillow.

I still can't register what just happened.

As I was squealing into my pillow,my phone beeped notifying me that I had a text. I was expecting it to be from Jayson but it was from Stephanie.

Kayraaaa,how did it go? Did you tell him? Call me now!!

I tossed the phone to the other side and squealed into my pillow again.

I like Jayson Bradshaw and he likes me too!

******

Yayyyyyyy
Ship Kayson(yes,I formed a shipname;-)😅) has finally started to sail!!!

Let's see what happens next!!!

Thanks for reading

Please vote and continue to shareeee.

Love y'all xxx

-Jess💖