Chapter 43: Lucas

"Kayra,what are you doing here?"

"No Jayson,the question is what is she doing here?" I demanded referring to Audrey

"Kayra,calm down. Let me explain"

"Are you cheating on me?" I blurted,I don't even know where that came from.

"Hell no Kayra. God,how would you think something like that?"

"As if you're something he should even be wasting his time on. I don't know what Jayson sees in you anyway", Audrey scoffed.

"No one asked for your opinion Audrey", Jayson shot at her and I just ignored her comment even though I really wanted to give it to her

"Then? What are you hiding?"I asked him

"It's a long story. Just go home and rest. I'll come over and tell you everything."

"No. I want to know whatever is happening between the two of you right now"

"Nothing is happening between us." He stated and went silent for a few seconds before saying,"Audrey leave"

"What?" She asked

"I'm going to tell her. Leave"

"No way,what if you make me look like the bad person? I'm staying until the story is over"

"Audrey I said leave!" He ordered,his tone louder this time and she stopped talking.

"Fine whatever.",then she glared at me, I glared back before she went out and shut the door behind her.

Jayson sighed and flopped himself on his bed. I walked over and sat beside him. He glanced at me and I saw a look in his eyes that I couldn't quite decipher.

"I'm listening",I urged him and he sighed again, softly.

"I'm a twin."

Whoa,I didn't see that coming

"I had a twin brother,his name was Lucas."

"Wow,I didn't know that"

"Yeah, just a few people do."

"You said you had. What happened to Lucas?"

"He died",he said plainly

"Oh. I am so sorry"

"No it's not your fault. Don't be sorry."

I kept quiet and so did he but he continued speaking after a few moments.

"Lucas and I were very close, really really close. We did everything together,and we had the same interests too so our bond was very strong. We were identical,he had the black hair and the blue eyes and everything. We would sometimes play pranks on our neighbors and family friends because they found it hard to differentiate us. Luke was my best friend,as a matter of fact,he was my only friend. I had always been the antisocial kid and I didn't bother making friends because I had my brother. He always looked out for me, being the elder twin and I adored him."

He had a smile on his face as he was reminiscing and remembering his brother. But all of a sudden his face fell and I wondered what happened?

"But everything changed during the summer before ninth grade. We,I mean my parents,my brother and I,we decided to spend the holidays with my grandma at her house. She was really fun,she made the best cookies and told the funniest stories and we all loved spending our vacations with her",he laughed at the memory of his grandmother.

"One day, my grandmother said she was going grocery shopping and Lucas went with her to help with the bags and stuff. I would have gone too but I was really ill that day and had to rest",he continued