Chapter 38:Hurt Her and You're Food for the Sharks

Today, Jayson is meeting my parents for the first time since he became my boyfriend.  I don't know what's going to happen or how my parents are going to react. It's a Saturday evening and coincidentally my mom had her day off. My father didn't go to work either.

I was in my room now. I had just taken my bath and I was sitting on my bed with my towel wrapped around my body and little drops of water dripping from my wet hair that was hanging from my back. Mom said she didn't need any help with preparing dinner so I got time to take my bath.

Jayson texted me saying he was going to be here in about twenty minutes, which gives me a few minutes to get dressed and help my mother set the table.

I wore a pair of belted shorts and a shirt and tied my hair in a ponytail. Then I put my phone on charge and left the room. Mom had made some potato salad and honey baked chicken. The aroma of the chicken filled the kitchen and I know it's definitely going to taste better than it looks.

When we almost done setting the dining table, I heard the doorbell ring and I went to get it. I opened to see my boyfriend in a pair of slacks and a polo shirt with flowers in his right hand. He was looking down at his trousers and trying to neaten it or should I say smoothen it with his other hand.

"Hey", I said and he looked up quickly.

"Hey",he smiled lightly and pecked my cheek. These are for you,or your family,I don't know,he said nervously and handed me the flowers.

"Don't worry, they're lovely",I giggled and said,come on in.

He came in and I closed the door.

"Ready to meet my parents?"

He took in a breath, released it and responded,"No"

I laughed, "You'll be fine. You're Jayson Bradshaw."

"I guess",he laughed a little too and relaxed a bit.

"Mom,Dad,he's here",I said when we were inside.

My mom was the first to speak,"Hello Jayson",she said cheerily.

"Hello Mrs Summers",he responded

"Um,he brought these",I said referring to the flowers."I'm just gonna go put them in a vase"

"Okay dear. Oh come in Jayson,the dining table is right this way."

When I got back to the dining table,he was speaking to my father or so I think.

"How are you?" my dad asked

"I'm fine sir."

Have a seat,my mom said and he nodded and sat opposite my mom. I sat next to him. He turned and I smiled.

My mom said a prayer and we began to eat.

At first there was silence until my mom spoke.

"So Jayson, how's school?"

Shoot me

"Um, school is okay. It's nothing I cannot deal with."

"What about the difficult subjects: Physics and chemistry and the like? Kayra has been telling us how difficult they are. Is it the same case with you?"

"Mom?!"

"What?"

"They're not difficult for just me. Everyone says the same thing",I said and added under my breath, "the physics teacher just has to be changed."

"What's wrong with the physics teacher?"

"Oh nothing."

"I suppose we could talk to your principal about it"