Chapter 30: Who's Going on a Date?

Picture of Kayra's outfit above:-)

****

After dropping Stephanie home,I went home myself. When I told her about Kingsley,she was as excited as a four year old going to the water park even though I told her I don't like him. The truth is I think I'm beginning to like Jayson but I'm not sure because we barely speak to each other unless we have to so how can I like him? I haven't told Stephanie yet,I mean,I don't even know if I really like the guy or not. And I'm hundred percent sure he's not going to like me back even if I did.

This is so weird

I rested for half an hour before I went over to Jayson's house. I met his mom and she offered me a snack but I respectfully declined. She really likes me. Well,who wouldn't? As compared to other teenagers,I am an angel,or I think I am.

While we were working on the project, Jayson was behaving a little strange. I mean he was contributing,but it was almost like the first time we met at the library. He was helping in a cold way but I couldn't ask him why because,you know,we're not friends yet. When we ended after about an hour or so,I said goodbye to his mom and he walked me to the door because his mother insisted and gave me a curt nod as a form of saying goodbye.

My mom came home a while later and we both had supper. Dad was still at work,he works a lot these days. He goes really early and comes back late and I know from the bags I see under his eyes when I manage to catch him before he leaves in the morning that he's not getting much sleep.

Poor Dad

Mom and I were having dinner in silence when the doorbell rang. Who would come to our house at this time?

I was about to go see who was at the front door but my mom beat me to it.

"Have your food,I'll get it." I smiled and sat back down.

"Good evening Mrs Summers",I heard someone say.

Wait a minute,I know who that is. What is he doing here?!

I hurriedly went to the front door where I heard him saying, "My name is Kingsley and I'm Kayra's friend." Then he extended his hand for a handshake.

My mom appeared as confused as I was but she shook his hand.

I glared at him but he just smiled.

"Mrs Summers,I would like to take your daughter on a date if that's alright with you." He stated and added,"Please."

My jaw was probably on the floor right now. Why would he do this? I told him I would ask my parents myself!

"Um, I'm sorry Kingsley but Kayra has been punished. You can't take her on a date."

"I understand. I just wanted to get your permission first."

"Oh that's very nice of you",she paused for a minute. "On second thought,I think you're a nice boy,very polite and responsible too so I wouldn't mind you taking her out just this once."

Wait,what's happening?

"Thank you so much Mrs Summers. I promise not to do anything reckless and I'll take care of your daughter."

What the fuck is happening? This looks like something out of a proposal scene where the boy asks for his girl's hand in marriage from her parents.

"Good. When are you taking her?"

"Tomorrow"

"Okay. I will tell Kayra the time she's supposed to be home and she'll let you know."