Chapter 41: Beautiful Disaster

He took my hand and pulled me in with him. When we entered,my first reaction was 'wow'. It looked like a huge library and something out of a fairy movie. The walls had a really nice pattern and I could see a children's section decorated like a kindergarten with little chairs and round tables.

"Okay okay I see that this place is different from any other bookshops I've been to. But what exactly makes it different",I asked Jayson.

"You can get any book you want here,and I mean any book,all types and genres. And you get to read the book here just like in a library, except instead of borrowing the book,you buy it and take it home."

"I see"

"Yup. Now, let's go book hunting." Then he pulled me again to one of the shelves. You like contemporary romance right?" I grinned and nodded vigorously.

"You sure? You don't want to see the classics?"

"No, I prefer contemporary"

"Alright,so here we are. All the romance books you can think of. Explore!" I giggled because he was speaking like a tour guide who had been assigned to show a group of children around town.

"Aye aye captain",I started browsing through the shelves reading titles which strangely weren't arranged in alphabetical order like I expected: 'Boyfriend Material' by Alexis Hall,'The Happy Ever After Playlist' by Abby Jimenez, 'The Hating Game' by Sally Thorne, 'The Wedding Date' by Jasmine Guillory,et cetera et cetera

As I was skimming through the books, Jayson spoke up,"Um Kayra, I'll be right back. I'm just going to check something over there"

"Sure,take your time"

He walked towards a section I presumed was the Mystery and Adventure section. I found it difficult to read the tag but I'm sure that was it.

I focused on the books again and picked up a few to read their blurbs.

'The Proposal' by Jasmine Guillory

"Freelance writer Nik's boyfriend proposes at a Dodger's game,and the dude can't even spell her name right. She says no(duh) and the video goes viral. Handsome doctor Carlos sweeps her away from the frenzy,but he can't possibly be the real deal. Or can he?"

I'mma surely have to come back one day and buy one of these books because,come on,who wouldn't want to read this? I'm curious already.

I put the book back and took another one

'If I Never Met You' by Mhairi McFarlane(I hope I got the name right lol)

"A lawyer named Laurie is left distraught after her boyfriend of 10 years abruptly ends things. On top of everything,his new girlfriend is pregnant. To prevent humiliation, Laurie pretends to be in love with the office playboy. Soon their fake feelings turn into something more."

Okay, I'm certain now that I'm definitely going to come back to this bookstore to get one of these books for myself.

I looked up at the direction I saw Jayson go into to see if I would spot him but I didn't. Where could he have gone to? I just shrugged it off and decided to check one last book and pick one to read a few pages.

This one was 'Love Her or Lose Her' by Tessa Bailey. After flipping it over to the back cover,I read,

"Rosie and Dominic appear to be the same picture perfect high school sweethearts they were 10 years ago. But the truth is, they've hit a rough patch in their relationship and head to marriage boot camp. They seem to be on the road to rebuilding their romance,but a long-kept secret soon comes to light."

Great storyline,but I really want to read 'The Proposal'. So I placed this book back and picked up that one. As I opened the first page,I heard a voice whisper into my ear,"You like that one?"

I turned and my boyfriend pushed some strands of hair that had fallen in front of my face back and tucked a rose behind my ear. His fingers brushed on my auricle and it sent tingles down my spine.

"Yeah",I said in response to his earlier question.

"Great,I'm buying it for you."

"Really? You would? You don't have to"

"Shhhh. It's part of the date."

This date has gone way better than I imagined it would.

"Okay then. I'll take this, I lifted the book up a bit but I moved my head a little and my eyes caught sight of one particular book, 'Beautiful Disaster'. It was book one of the Beautiful Disaster series. I've been looking for it and the other two books in the series for like forever and I've finally found it.

How did I not know about this bookstore before now?!

"No wait, I want this rather. Buy this book,I rushed to the shelf it was on and gently took out the book,'Beautiful Disaster.'"

"Your wish is my command milady",he joked and we both laughed.

He held out his elbow and I hooked my arm in it and we made our way to the front desk with the book in my other hand.

Best date ever

He payed for the book and lady at the counter packaged it for me.

"Enjoy the rest of your evening",she said politely as we left the secret garden with my arm still hooked in his.

When we got home,it was almost sunset. He walked me to my door but I told him it was okay if he didn't want to come in.

"I had the best time of my life this afternoon. Thank you so much", I said when we were in front of the door.

"It was my pleasure,Princess. Plus,I told your parents I was gonna keep you happy. This is just part of the deal."

I giggled and blushed slightly.

"I'm really looking forward to our future dates"

"Yeah me too"

Silence fell and we just smiled at each other until he broke it.

"Well then,good night Kayra"

"Good night Jayson."

He gave me a kiss before retreating to his motorcycle and riding into their garage.

I bit my bottom lip and smiled to myself before entering my house, thanking God for a wonderful day.

*******

Whaddup y'all? Before I say anything,
HAPPY NEW YEARRRRRR🥳🥳🥳

I wish everyone a splendid new year. May 2021 bring us all the best of everything🌚😊

Thank you so much for reading this far

I love you xxx

-Jess❤️